So anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airdale

Back to the point after being rudely harrassed by the Jetcareers troll.....

Thanks to all the good wishes. I'm hoping to get back to my original base, but I won't know until a few weeks I guess. Our contract states that if they bring you back within 6 months, they have to pay moving expenses if they put you at a different base than what you left at.

Not sure what the company will do, although contrary to popular TROLL belief, I hope I don't get based in MCI. I really don't want that commute and have no desire to fly those colors. Airways and PHL are just fine for me.

TallFlyer said:
A 50D should be in your future...... Don't have one yet but will one day.

Oh I would love to pick up a 50D. I'm hoping sometime over the summer after being back to for a bit and getting on 2nd yr pay.

Thanks to all the good wishes. I'm hoping to get back to my original base, but I won't know until a few weeks I guess. Our contract states that if they bring you back within 6 months, they have to pay moving expenses if they put you at a different base than what you left at.

Not sure what the company will do, although contrary to popular TROLL belief, I hope I don't get based in MCI. I really don't want that commute and have no desire to fly those colors. Airways and PHL are just fine for me.

Oh I would love to pick up a 50D. I'm hoping sometime over the summer after being back to for a bit and getting on 2nd yr pay.

Congrats, you made it back into the fold, that's better than a lot have it right now, hopefully this is a sign that the industry is turning around again.

Let me be really frank. A couple days off the forum because I'm on the road and a lot of you determined that "Hey! I don't need to respect the environment that Doug's trying to foster here on the website" and there's a pretty long list of people that I'm not very happy with at the moment.

Somehow we were able to corral 213 angry Germans stuck in Maine yesterday without incident but OMG, a bunch of adults couldn't find a way to get along on an internet forum.

I'm a little dumbfounded.

The combatants, including yourself, know what I'm trying to do here, but somehow people think it's kosher to thumb their nose at the core principles which we built the website on.

People whizz in the corner and then complain loudly about the room smelling of urine before they've even zipped their fly.

This... I don't get.

Just make the best of it Dave...I know you will. I'm hoping you get PHL, but the company will place you where they need you obviously. If they do stick you elsewhere, I'd milk those travel expenses for all they're worth. I'm sure I"ll see you sometime...enjoy your time off for now!

Well, looks like my PHX airport appreciation day is about over...looks like I'll finally make it in a jumpseat to get home!!

Good day.

I don't want to contribute to a thread going down the tubes, but I also want to learn.

When I was young, talking to my Grandpa, a SCAB was someone that crossed a picket line. Back in 83, there were several friends in the antique airplane groups that I had known for years and that Grandpa was friendly with...all of a sudden there was no socializing with these people because they crossed the CAL picket line. One hardcore striker with CAL even decked a SCAB at a flyin once that I witnessed. One pair, best of friends for years, would no longer speak because one crossed and the other didn't.

Now, flying for a non-union carrier makes you a "proto-SCAB", or flying for a union carrier that was created dubiously (GoJet) does as well.

Now, pilots that went to work for a legitimate regional (RAH) that happened to have management that conspired with other management to outsource flying are apparently considered proto-SCABS as well.

It seems that it is a slippery slope and the definition of SCAB, or the qualifications to be treated as a SCAB keep changing. It would be nice to hear, from the more ardent union guys, what exactly is in bounds and what is out of bounds. To my mind, the Republic pilots have little to no choice. They didn't ask for this, nor did they campaign for it. Also, they are not flying struck work. It would be interesting to hear from a Midwest pilot and get their views - do they really hate the RAH guys? Also, if RAH guys are underhanded for taking this flying...then you have to lump in UPS for AStar/ABX just to be consistent, don't you?

Just wondering about these things - it was much easier when SCAB was clearly defined...now there seems to be creep involved in the definition and us inexperienced guys would like to know where the lines are drawn.

The combatants, including yourself, know what I'm trying to do here, but somehow people think it's kosher to thumb their nose at the core principles which we built the website on.

Dear Dough,

I apologize for telling the JC troll what he could do on his spare time in response to his unwarranted comments. I don't thumb my nose at the principles which you built the site on, in fact I abide by them. I thumb my nose at a lack of moderation for such ridiculous garbage that is spewed across your forum by said JC troll with no repercussions what so ever from the moderation group. As he has done so hundreds of times in the past.

When a member implies that another member is "stealing" someone's elses job, I find that far more crossing the line than the response I gave him on the public forum. The private response I gave was more along the lines of my true feelings, and I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about that.

This dude has been trolling your website, insulting and pushing away the members of your forum since I can remember. Maybe its time you review those "principles" upon which the site was intended.

I clean my hands of this insanity.

Sincerely,

Airdale

An RAH pilot Midwest job stealing protoscab

Eh, I got sniped at by him too. Velo is, as God made him.

He's one of the guys in the living room sitting on the couch. Just assume he means the best even if he's saying it in a proto-clown way :). I honestly think he does mean well, in a very large scale profession sort of way. Maybe we could just think of him as Greg House? A lovable little misanthrope.

If we are voting for TV charecters I've got dibs on MacGuyver.

Speaking the truth does not qualify as harrassment.

I'm hoping sometime over the summer after being back to for a bit and getting on 2nd yr pay.

What's that? $25 an hour?

Now, pilots that went to work for a legitimate regional (RAH) that happened to have management that conspired with other management to outsource flying are apparently considered proto-SCABS as well.

I don't know who made that comment, Waco, but it wasn't me. Now if some people feel guilty about replacing $150 an hour pilots with $108 an hour outsourced pilots, that is hardly my problem.

I'm just VERY concerned that outsourcing is a wave of the future that will impact EVERY pilot's career. And the irony is, the guys who are going to get hurt by outsourcing the most are the guys who are flying the outsourced work today.

I apologize for telling the JC troll what he could do on his spare time in response to his unwarranted comments....I thumb my nose at a lack of moderation for such ridiculous garbage that is spewed across your forum by said JC troll with no repercussions what so ever from the moderation group. As he has done so hundreds of times in the past.

I assume you're referring to me. And, believe me, I've been moderated plenty. In YOUR case, however, I haven't been moderated because I have only expressed an opinion about outsourcing and my concern that Midwest's $150 an hour Captain jobs are being replaced by RAH's $108/$25 jobs. If that doesn't concern you, you'd better be prepared to make that your ultimate pay goal. Because the downward pressure this outsourcing places on the entire piloting profession is unacceptable.

I'm opposed to outsourcing in general and RAH's gutting of Midwest pilots in particular. I'm sorry if you feel guilty for being a party to it.

This dude has been trolling your website, insulting and pushing away the members of your forum since I can remember. Maybe its time you review those "principles" upon which the site was intended.

I think the owner and moderators of this website are pretty well versed in their standards. Because they don't allow vulgar, insulting and threatening PMs seems to offend you.

Again, I guess that guilt is kicking in.

An RAH pilot Midwest job stealing protoscab

Everyone please note I did not say this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back