DAL-NWA Cross-fleet Utilization Memo

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
NOT internal.

Attachments

• crossfleet.pdf
    38 KB · Views: 214
Dude! Portland-NRT on the 767. That sounds awesome!

Yeah, we saw that when we were randomly looking at loads in PARS the other day.

"Dude, check DTW-NRT"
"WTF? DTW-PDX-NRT?!??! Oh snap! A PDX-NRT non-stop!"

Ready reserves have a lot of time on their hands....

"Dude, check DTW-NRT"

The flight isnt bad on a 767. When I went to Germany, we flew to Frankfurt nonstop from Fairbanks. It is about 400 miles shorter than the PDX-NRT, and overall it wasnt bad.:)

MSP to Paris....on the 76ER....

Taylor, you better call when you end up dead-heading into MSP... ;)

"Dude, check DTW-NRT"

Ummmmm, that flight is about 2 years old. It had been flown with an A332.
FWIW we also have HNL and AMS on on NW. And yet DTW is seasonal. I..... Don't get it.

(or do you just mean new for delta? In that case I look stupid[er than usual]).

Sydney

This is in expedia's flight database for June:

15hr 0mn Los Angeles (LAX)
Depart 10:40 PM to Sydney (Kingsford Smith)
Arrive 6:40 AM
+2 days
Flight: 17
77L

13hr 45mn Sydney (Kingsford Smith)
Depart 9:15 AM to Los Angeles (LAX)
Arrive 6:00 AM
Flight: 16
77L

Re: Sydney

This is in expedia's flight database for June:

15hr 0mn Los Angeles (LAX)
Depart 10:40 PM to Sydney (Kingsford Smith)
Arrive 6:40 AM
+2 days
Flight: 17
77L

13hr 45mn Sydney (Kingsford Smith)
Depart 9:15 AM to Los Angeles (LAX)
Arrive 6:00 AM
Flight: 16
77L

Yep, It's ATL-LAX-SYD-LAX-ATL. It took a while for it to get out. RA let it slip last week in the Flt Ops managers meeting.

Bad from a PAX standpoint... The A330 is way nice for that 8 hour flight...

Flew JFK to ATH this summer on Delta's 767, let's just say I would take the A330 any day over the 767. Much more comfortable and glad they are putting the A330 on the JFK-ATH route. The 767 does the job, but I prefer AVOD in coach.

Flew JFK to ATH this summer on Delta's 767, let's just say I would take the A330 any day over the 767. Much more comfortable and glad they are putting the A330 on the JFK-ATH route. The 767 does the job, but I prefer AVOD in coach.

You do know that all of Delta's international fleet will have identical coach classes eventually? Some will have "lie-flat" business class and others will have the current Business-Elite. From a pax standpoint, a seat in coach is a seat in coach if the actual seat is the same.

The seats arent the same though. The A330 has more comfortable seats and an entertainment system. I can't imagine Delta would change an aircraft to make it worse...?

I also think that the A-330 is superior. The PTVs are huge.

The lie-flat stuff will be great though. That, in the LHR flights if I remember correctly, is something that the 330 currently does not have. AA currently does five flights a day between JFK and LHR with lie-flat seats in first and TVs in every coach seat.

The seats arent the same though. The A330 has more comfortable seats and an entertainment system. I can't imagine Delta would change an aircraft to make it worse...?

You are not understanding me. ALL international Delta jets will have the exact same seats in the back and will all have in-flight entertainment. Therefore, from a pax perspective a 757, 767, 747, 330 will be indistinguishable. It is just a matter of time to get them all installed.

BTW, all of the 757ER's, domestic 767-300's, and some domestic 757's have IFE. It just takes time to convert the world's largest fleet.

You are not understanding me. ALL international Delta jets will have the exact same seats in the back and will all have in-flight entertainment. Therefore, from a pax perspective a 757, 767, 747, 330 will be indistinguishable. It is just a matter of time to get them all installed.

BTW, all of the 757ER's, domestic 767-300's, and some domestic 757's have IFE. It just takes time to convert the world's largest fleet.

you mean the little gremlins cannot do that overnight? :sarcasm:

I flew to MAN on a DL 75, and while I did get Business Elite (which was amazing) economy did have PTVs in every seat. If it was full up front, the back didnt look too bad. The PTVs are a big deal. I rode on a CO 75 to MAN with drop down TVs and it was probably one of the worst flights I have ever been on.

The Continental 757s are getting PTVs as well as most of their 737 fleet.

If I am wrong, I am sure I will be corrected. :)

I flew to MAN on a DL 75, and while I did get Business Elite (which was amazing) economy did have PTVs in every seat. If it was full up front, the back didnt look too bad. The PTVs are a big deal. I rode on a CO 75 to MAN with drop down TVs and it was probably one of the worst flights I have ever been on.

I need some entertainment! Worst flight ever was to Tokyo from MSP... NWA 744 with the crappy TVs playing the Bee movie!

I also think that the A-330 is superior. The PTVs are huge.

The lie-flat stuff will be great though. That, in the LHR flights if I remember correctly, is something that the 330 currently does not have. AA currently does five flights a day between JFK and LHR with lie-flat seats in first and TVs in every coach seat.

NW's A330 fleet has lie flat seats however, they arent parallel to the floor. You are an angle. But it does lie flat.

The Continental 757s are getting PTVs as well as most of their 737 fleet.

Its good to start seeing airlines adding amenities to attract customers as opposed taking away blankets and pillows from pax in the name of cost savings.

Back