good idea I think

schuh

I talked to my parents who are going to get the loan for me and we think it is smart to wait till april or may to start ATP to see how the economy will be. I think this will be a good idea. Maybe the prices will drop even more by then too. This a good idea? Or should i just go in and do it now and not wait.

I have 18 hours total. I havent flown for almost a year. Im going to do the private at atp also

I have 18 hours total. I havent flown for almost a year. Im going to do the private at atp also

Why? Just do it now and pay as you go. And then in November you will have all your ratings without a job and your parents will have 60k in debt.

The aviation economy will get better. The longer you wait, the longer it will take you to get the minimums for an airline. Not to mention that various airlines are hiring right now and others are calling back furloughs. This is good news for all of us. The more guys hired and called back brings us all a step closer to a job. The thing is, if you expect to get a job at 250TT then you may have to wait quite a while since it is quite low time. If you look at history, many pilots were getting hired with over 1000TT or more not that many years ago. Then, there was a shortage and minimums dropped. The minimum TT goes in cycles based on demand for pilots. Now the minimums are raising up a bit and I am sure in the future they will level off and then if necessary come back down. We will all get our shot eventually.

Ben

well parents said no you need to wait a few months. So im looking for a part time job now. O well:(

Right now, the safe thing is to get your ATP rating before you apply to an airline. Of course that assumes you have a flight instructor job or can get one.
My advice to you, finish up your private, then see what you want to do.

Back