Should I stay or should I go?

S.T.Aviator

:mad: Man this crappy weather up here in the NE is driving me crazy.
I found a nice cheap flying club to finish up my ratings here in
Buffalo, NY but I can't even utilize it due to the weather. I've got
about 150 hrs to go and I'm so p....d off cuz I just want to get r done.

Now the other options is to pack up my stuff and head out west to
NorCal where I do have a hook up for a CFI job paying $19/hr but it's
gonna cost me about $7000 more to finish plus the cost of relocating.
I realize that the experience gained in the NE is quite valuable with all
the actual and experience dealing and avoiding icing, but man I just
want to fly consistently.
Sorry for the rant but I'm getting tired of shooting approaches on flight sim.
I need a drink!

Check out this satellite image of streamers off the great lakes.

Attachments

• lakeeffect_seawifs_big.jpg
    lakeeffect_seawifs_big.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 66
Man I feel ya. I'm in southern Ohio, I'm about 10 hours shy off my commercial, This bad weather is killing me. I'm just gonna wait it out and save up some cash...hopefully finish in Jan-Feb.

Man I feel ya. I'm in southern Ohio, I'm about 10 hours shy off my commercial, This bad weather is killing me. I'm just gonna wait it out and save up some cash...hopefully finish in Jan-Feb.

Dude, I'd much rather be in your position. 10 hrs ain't too bad at all.
You gonna do your CFI too?

Yeah I hear you bro, but I'm also taking into account the fact that the faster I finish, the faster I can start CFI'ing and making some cash. :banghead:

Take your time...I have been an unemployed CFI for the past month and a half. There are very few jobs out there.

Take your time...I have been an unemployed CFI for the past month and a half. There are very few jobs out there.

Hmmm, I guess it would suck more if I did go down to cali and for some reason or another not get the job and then be stuck in the $$ state with my hands in my pocket. O.k. I feel better now. Thanks jhugz.:)

Dude, I'd much rather be in your position. 10 hrs ain't too bad at all.
You gonna do your CFI too?

yeah it's not bad, but I haven't flown much, and a couple maneuvers I need to work on. But yes I do plan on going for the CFI as well.

What is the rush?
Jobs are sparse.
IMHO, save your money, you will get some good days up north too.

No better here in KROC. I'm just wondering how long it will take me to get all of my ratings here. Consistency is key! :banghead:

S.T., have you always trained up here?

No better here in KROC. I'm just wondering how long it will take me to get all of my ratings here. Consistency is key! :banghead:

S.T., have you always trained up here?

Kind off. I used to live about 1.5 hrs away in the Toronto area and recently moved down to Buffalo. Southern Ontario's weather is similar but not as much snow. Oh well, that's the Great Lakes area for you, hot humid summers and cold snowy winters. If you can fly here, you can fly anywhere.:D

Back