Engaged!

Old Dominion Flyer

The Story:

After deciding that she was the one for me and then getting "The Ring", I went about planning the proposal. We were planning on attending a wine festival at a local vineyard for some tasting and grape stomping. I had a feeling the vineyard would have some nice scenery that would make for a romantic proposal. A few days before the festival I visited the vineyard and explained to the vintner that I was considering proposing at the vineyard. Before I could blink, we were in a golf cart touring the vineyard. As we passed a lake, I saw a picturesque piece of shoreline that was visible from the other side of the lake. Not only would this be a nice place to propose, it could also be easily photographed. I thanked the vintner for his help, grabbed a map of the vineyard, and went on my way. I called a friend of mine who is a photographer and arranged a meeting. We reviewed the map and created a plan by which he would spot us at the festival, follow us around the lake, and photograph the proposal. Everything went according to plan. Not only was my fiancee surprised by the proposal(she said YES), she was both surprised and impressed by the photos I showed her the next day. I suppose many of you will be seeing me in the Family Life forum next year. :laff:

This picture was taken while I was proposing.....

Attachments

• Proposal.jpg
    Proposal.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 262
I know Velo. We lost another one to the darkside.

JK MAN! A very very very big congrats and best of luck with everything to come! :rawk:

AWWWWW HOW CUTE!! haha jk It is original though. Congrats on everything and Best of luck!

Congrats! Don't listen to the naysayers, getting married was the best decision I ever made.

By the way I'm guessing you live in VA. What vineyard did you go to? There are some really good ones in the Charlottesville area.

By the way I'm guessing you live in VA. What vineyard did you go to? There are some really good ones in the Charlottesville area.

That's right. I live in Leesburg, Va. We were at Tarara Vineyard just north of Leesburg. I've never visited the vineyards around C-ville, although I am a fan of the wines from Kluge Estate.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement!

Congratulations! Finding someone to spend the rest of your life with is absolutely the best thing in the world.

Congrats Mike! Now the fun begins with the planning....just make sure you get that CFI ride outta the way soon...lol. BTW, howd it go with Bob yesterday? I was there trying to learn to land a 172 again....

congratulations! Being married has been great so far (all 2 months of it) :D Married life is just like living in sin with your fiancee life ;)

That's right. I live in Leesburg, Va. We were at Tarara Vineyard just north of Leesburg. I've never visited the vineyards around C-ville, although I am a fan of the wines from Kluge Estate.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement!

Holy crap man -- you were less that a mile from my house. I can get to Tarara without hitting a paved road. I live between Hidden Creek/Lost Brook and Fabioli Cellars just south of Tarara. In fact my yard backs up to Fabioli's vinyard.

BTW, Congratulations!

Congrats Mike! Now the fun begins with the planning....just make sure you get that CFI ride outta the way soon...lol. BTW, howd it go with Bob yesterday? I was there trying to learn to land a 172 again....

Thanks! Things went well. He was pleased with my performance. I spoke with TR at the Dulles FSDO today and he gave me a checkride date in the middle of January. Apparently there is quite a backlog at the moment. I'll keep you posted.

Back