Overseas or Contract jobs.

saxman

How do you find overseas jobs? I've heard of some good deals of contract jobs, and I might be willing to do it, depending on where it is.

The only site I know of is Parcaviation. But they seem mostly for already typed 777 or 747 pilots.

What kind of job are you looking for? CRJ, 737, corporate? I guess I should also ask where do yo want to work?

If I've lost my FAA medical is it possible to find work (and a new medical) in another country? I'm a low time pilot and was working as a CFI

If I've lost my FAA medical is it possible to find work (and a new medical) in another country? I'm a low time pilot and was working as a CFI

You may be able to get a job as a ground instructor somewhere. You always need a valid medical from the FAA if you are going to convert your license and fly in another country as far as I know.

Is it possible you may get your FAA medical back again someday?

You can still be a flight instructor. The only thing is that you can only teach students who have their license and dont need you to be the PIC onboard.

Right, I still do checkouts, but if I can't be PIC, I can't teach instrument because they have to be under the hood. So, I can only teach commercial students who already have their complex endorsement. If I could find a salaried job as a ground instructor I could still check out the occasional new pilot.

It's possible that if I take all the tests again in 3 years with better results I might be able to get a medical again.
Or if I found a doctor who could convince the FAA that fainting from low blood sugar can happen to anyone.

How do you find overseas jobs? I've heard of some good deals of contract jobs, and I might be willing to do it, depending on where it is.

The only site I know of is Parcaviation. But they seem mostly for already typed 777 or 747 pilots.
This should probably be in the expat aviation area, but here you go...What types do you have? What is your background? Where are you willing to go? We need some background info to help you.

I'm away from home and don't have all of my links, but will eventually post something on some web sites on here under expat aviation. Hopfully, typhoonpilot will come and save the day...

This should probably be in the expat aviation area, but here you go...What types do you have? What is your background? Where are you willing to go? We need some background info to help you.

I'm away from home and don't have all of my links, but will eventually post something on some web sites on here under expat aviation. Hopfully, typhoonpilot will come and save the day...

I have 1600 hours. CRJ SIC type. Getting furloughed soon. I'm willing to go to Europe, Asia, South America, maybe the Middle East. Looking for something more short term, but will consider longer depending on the terms. Thanks!

Sorry if I'm stealing this thread a bit but I am in the same boat (1700TT CL-65 SIC) and will go anywhere but the middle east (for political reasons) and do not have a JAA cert or right to work in the EU. I registered to most of the sites listed here and got no reply for anything. Most jobs are for bigger equip, or require a PIC type and 3000+ hours. I will be glad to know if anyone got a reply for a job and what their times and types were...
Thanks

Sorry to hear some of you guys are job hunting in this environment. From my casual observation of the expat world, time in type and a current PC are king (with SIC jobs admittedly being harder to come by that PIC jobs). I see some FO jobs in China asking for 2-3000 hours total time but only 100 time in type.

Maybe a good amount of time in type would offset that last 1000 hours they want ?

I wouldn't write off the ME as a place to go. I know some young guys working there and it isn't quite as bad as one might imagine.

Hang in there and shotgun those apps to everyplace on the planet. What harm can it do ?

You probably know about this already but try www.pprune.com for the international perspective on flying. People from all over the world post there and you may be able to get some reliable info by asking questions there.

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

First Officer A320
A minimum of 1500 hours total flying time and
A minimum of 1000 hours on multi crew,glass cockpit jet aircraft and
ICAO ATPL,valid licence and medical
Must be current and
Maximum age limit is 53 years old and
English Language Fluency ( written and verbal )
Preference would be given to candidates with Airbus experience
The hours mentioned above shall be on powered fix wing aircraft only

http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/careers/jobDetails.aspx

Back