ATP written and furlough?

TheOneMarine

So I was thinking today, I am furloughed from PSA, I know if I were employed 121 that my ATP written would last until upgrade and go around the 2 year rule if it took longer than that. My question is does it apply during furlough or if my furlough lasted longer than 2 years from the date of the exam would it expire? Thanks all.

<insert sound of moderate to severe teeth sucking>

Oooohhhhh.......

I think the standard is to be employed in 121 prior to expiration.

Sorry....

He is employeed. Before he could leave PSA he would have to resign and is currently holding a seniority number with a 121 airline.

Recall rights and a seniority number are not the same as being employed. He is not employed, his written is expired. It sucks but there you go.

I haven't even taken it yet. Was just me thinking while bored and wanting to know.

Its good for the same duration as all writtens are. To my knowledge if you are hired by a 121 carrier they honor it even if you took it before you were employed.

Its good for the same duration as all writtens are. To my knowledge if you are hired by a 121 carrier they honor it even if you took it before you were employed.

That is correct. However if you are not ACTIVELY empolyed when the test expires, it's done.

Back