Commercial Multi-Engine License

Otto123

I know this is a loaded question, but I would like to hear any recent experience with flight schools instructing the Commerical multi-engine, what you thought of the training and would you recommend?

I am from Michigan, but am willing to travel to pick up my CMEL prior to starting my CFI/I training.

Thank you in advance.

My only friend on the website, Jhugz told me a place up in Traverse City Michigan, check him out.

I will check that out. Regardless if the place is a good training or not, it's definitely a nice place to visit!

I did my multiengine training at Ohio Valley Flight Service, in Wheeling, WV. They are one of the lowest cost multiengine flight schools in america. I obtained my multi private, multi commercial, & MEI with $6,000. I am now instructing there and recently signed off a multiengine commercial student with $2,000 in his flight training. We fly a Beechcraft Duchess with HSI, Flight Director, Autopilot, & Advanced VOR/DME RNAV. Rental rate is $200 per hour total cost, no hidden fees. Time building available for $100 per flight hour. PM or email me for details.
Email- ritzflyer@gmail.com Website- www.ohiovalleyflightservice.com

I ask if you have the requirements of part 61.129(B) already started/completed. Sheble's really specializes in the checkride prep more than the timebuilding, but we can do it. Come to Arizona, it's warmer, there isn't much for weather, it's inexpensive, and it's short.

If you have the requirements met, our course is $2,995.00 and lasts two days. You will do your training in a BE-95 Travelair, which, in my opinion, is a much better training twin than either the Dutchess, the Seminole, the Baron, the Aztec, or the 310. Additional training will be billed at a wet rate of $265.00 per hour including the instructor.

If anyone has any questions about our programs, please call me at 1-800-249-6482.

You will do your training in a BE-95 Travelair, which, in my opinion, is a much better training twin than either the Dutchess, the Seminole, the Baron, the Aztec, or the 310.

Never flown (or even been in for that matter) a travelair, but I have flown the rest of these except a 310. None of the schools in my area use them, so I dont know anything about them. Just curious what makes it so much better?

Stability, unbelievable single engine performance, slow speed (cruise about 150 MPH), light flight controls, and built like a Beech.

I know of no finer a training twin. At our altitude in the summer, most of the others would be in the ground after an engine failure. The BE-95 will climb about 400 FPM when the others are sinking to their single engine absolute ceiling.

Another vote for Traverseair. The Apache is a great multi trainer. It really has a "critical" engine,and you will learn much more aout the real factors involved with multi flying. This will build an excellent foundation for any future flying that you do in the more modern multi-engine planes. You will not be disappointed, and the price would be hard to beat since you live close by.
Good luck with whatever you choose.

That Apache looks very scarrry and verrry old. If it ain't glass panel, I'm not going. :cwm27:

What is this Glass Panel you speak of?! :laff: It is very old though...I heard if you lose an engine...you're going down faaast.

Went on a little trip in my Apache today. Real nice flight. No problems at all. It's a '58 model.:D

There is a place in near Annapolis, Maryland, that offers an all inclusive add on program for $2550. As I understand it, this price includes Examiner's Fee and Hotel.

Check them out, http://tridentaircraft.com

They use a Beechcraft Duchess. There's not much info on the website, but I know that this program is in effect. So, it may be worth a phone call.

Oh, I think the CP's name is something like John or Jim, or something like that. FWIW.

Back