Tol withdrawn

elmer252

This is my first post but I really wanted to warn everyone about what your HR reps say and reality. I applied to PUBNAt2 but had buddies from PUBNAT1. One went to the Memphis PEPC and the other the Chicago. Well both of them received TOLs for different states And they had been following up with their HR reps. THey were told week after week by these reps that they were both cleared and only had to wait on class dates. This week they BOTH received calls from someone else in HR saying their offer has been withdrawn, out of nowhere. They were told the only thing thye can do is to apply to future announcements. And the funny thing about it was that they both were told that it was an administrative error and they shouldn't have gotten this far in the application process.

So don't believe anything your HR rep tells you. Im now not even sure this is even a process i want to get involved with because I need a career not some year long process that may not work out in the end. I think they got too many applicants now and are figuring out ways to weed them out?

Seriously...I think its best for each applicant to worry about themselves. Worrying about what could happen or has happened to someone else is not productive. I read an article that said between 2-5% of all off the street applicants are hired. I feel lucky to get this far. A tentative offer is just that...tentative.

On another note... a 22 year old just won the world series of poker. :bandit:

Seriously...I think its best for each applicant to worry about themselves. Worrying about what could happen or has happened to someone else is not productive. I read an article that said between 2-5% of all off the street applicants are hired. I feel lucky to get this far. A tentative offer is just that...tentative.

On another note... a 22 year old just won the world series of poker. :bandit:

are you saying only 2-5% of the total amount of people who applied? because it see seems like most of the people who attend the pepc, or the other route and get a TOL make it to the academy...?

are you saying only 2-5% of the total amount of people who applied? because it see seems like most of the people who attend the pepc, or the other route and get a TOL make it to the academy...?

Thats between 2-5% of all off the street applicants that apply are hired. Some don't make it to testing. Many don't make it on to the Referral List. A few turn down an offer. Some Fail the interview. Some fail the drug test (idiots). Some fail the medical. Some fail the Security Clearance.

It's a long process and it's far from perfect.

That does sound like a problemo, for sure. I hope this doesn't happen to us, but I'm also of the thought that only the strong... Hang in, don't let their situations steer you off this bumpy road. If you can handle the antics of the FAA, you'll do just fine. It's this crazy anxious maze of hurdles and road blocks and straightaways and on and on...

I, too, feel lucky/thankful to have made it this far, especially if only 2-5% can say the same.

WOO HOO! PEPC in 6 days!

This is my first post but I really wanted to warn everyone about what your HR reps say and reality. I applied to PUBNAt2 but had buddies from PUBNAT1. One went to the Memphis PEPC and the other the Chicago. Well both of them received TOLs for different states And they had been following up with their HR reps. THey were told week after week by these reps that they were both cleared and only had to wait on class dates. This week they BOTH received calls from someone else in HR saying their offer has been withdrawn, out of nowhere. They were told the only thing thye can do is to apply to future announcements. And the funny thing about it was that they both were told that it was an administrative error and they shouldn't have gotten this far in the application process.

So don't believe anything your HR rep tells you. Im now not even sure this is even a process i want to get involved with because I need a career not some year long process that may not work out in the end. I think they got too many applicants now and are figuring out ways to weed them out?

I dont get it......what was it that dq'd them?

I think there's more to that story than is being told. I don't think it is quite as random as it is being made to be.

Couldnt agree more...

Same here. Don't believe everything you hear, guys. Not unless you were there or have the full, unbiased story. I'm definitely not trying to call elmer a liar, but who knows what these guys' situations were. It could've been any number of things. At the end of the day just keep your spirits up by reminding yourself of the bottom line: there's a controller staffing crisis.

I think there's more to that story than is being told. I don't think it is quite as random as it is being made to be.

Honestly i don't know but i didn't think there was more, these guys didn't even know eachother. So i just watned to warn poeple.
I know several guys who have been goin thru the hiring process before me. 2 of them were recently called and were told their offers withdrawn. I jsut thought it was weird, they recieved a TOL and were all clear...waiting to leave for OKC and then get booted. Don't personally know of one person to have gotten hteir dates...that's all. Definitely don't want that to happen to me, think I"m gonna go to OKC any day and then get that kind of call. I'm anxious to get to OKC but not if its gonna cause sucha headache. WHich I'm sure it will.

Roger that Barty, something stinks about this story. Maybe they failed either the background or phycological test and were to embarrassed to say so, or perhaps they were not honest on their application. Hope I don't sound like a jerk, just something else to consider before people start to panic.

Could easily be the background check. They usually issue an interim clearance before fully finishing the check. Maybe something came up.

Honestly i don't know but i didn't think there was more, these guys didn't even know eachother. So i just watned to warn poeple.
I know several guys who have been goin thru the hiring process before me. 2 of them were recently called and were told their offers withdrawn. I jsut thought it was weird, they recieved a TOL and were all clear...waiting to leave for OKC and then get booted. Don't personally know of one person to have gotten hteir dates...that's all. Definitely don't want that to happen to me, think I"m gonna go to OKC any day and then get that kind of call. I'm anxious to get to OKC but not if its gonna cause sucha headache. WHich I'm sure it will.

Since we are dealing with the government, I can believe that there is a remote possibility that it may have been something out of the blue, but I think they just weren't being 100% honest with you. They either made a comment to someone (FYI, the FAA is aware of this board and StuckMic...so watch what you say!) or something surfaced in their application or clearances that was disqualifying (they lacked education or job requirements perhaps). There have been a couple of cases of someone having their assignments changed after receiving a TOL, but this would be the first time I've heard of someone having one completely withdrawn.

About the only possible explanation I can think of is that they were both scheduled to go to a smallish facility and they selected too many people or were mistakingly selected ahead of a veteran or someone with a higher AT-SAT score. In either of those cases, I think someone could have told them more than "it was an administrative error". That's why something doesn't smell right here.

I believe tha major issue for anyone would be the clearance and/or medical. If it wasn't the medical then it could have been one of many reasons from the clearance; Financial situation, Criminal History, Foreign Influence, and/or Omitting/Lying on the application would all represent a hurdle.

Personally I believe I will have a tough time with the clearance due to being a dual citizen, having 2 old and paid collections on my credit, and 1 underage drinking charge from 2000. So I am going to the PEPC to do my best, I have been completely honest (as best as I could be) on my clearance application. I can't change my past so it is what it is. Good luck to all!

I believe tha major issue for anyone would be the clearance and/or medical. If it wasn't the medical then it could have been one of many reasons from the clearance; Financial situation, Criminal History, Foreign Influence, and/or Omitting/Lying on the application would all represent a hurdle.

Personally I believe I will have a tough time with the clearance due to being a dual citizen, having 2 old and paid collections on my credit, and 1 underage drinking charge from 2000. So I am going to the PEPC to do my best, I have been completely honest (as best as I could be) on my clearance application. I can't change my past so it is what it is. Good luck to all!
Dual citizenship isn't an issue. The other stuff should be fine too as long as you're honest.

I don't think it was a failed background check, the E-QUIP form states that if there is DQ information discovered through the investigation of the form, it would be explained to you and you would have an opportunity to object to it, so if it was background they probably would have given these people a full explination. On this same subject does anyone else have stories of TOL's being receinded for whatever reason? I wonder how common it is.

I don't think it was a failed background check, the E-QUIP form states that if there is DQ information discovered through the investigation of the form, it would be explained to you and you would have an opportunity to object to it, so if it was background they probably would have given these people a full explination. On this same subject does anyone else have stories of TOL's being receinded for whatever reason? I wonder how common it is.

I wouldn't dwell on it. This is the first time I've EVER heard that happening in the 7-8 months I've been in this process.

Back