Left my job

Wolfy

The real estate company I was flying for is running out of cash (imagine that). I was flying right seat in a 421. The idea was to groom me for the left seat. I got a call from my boss that they wanted to get rid of the guy in the right seat. Honestly, I can't blame them. If it was my company, I'd fly it single pilot. My boss talked them in to flying two pilot, but cutting pay down to $100 a day from $300 flying /$150 non flying. When he told me this, he said he already found seven guys to do it the asked if I wanted to stay around. I said no thanks. This is all no huge surprise, and no huge loss. I had a great time flying and on the trips, but had to put up with more than a fair share of BS. Something about being three weeks behind on your paychecks and putting the Grey Goose on ice in the back of the plane pisses you off.

On to bigger and better things.

Good for you for leaving on your own terms. It's a tough world to look for a pilot job nowadays but stick with it.

The real estate company I was flying for is running out of cash (imagine that). I was flying right seat in a 421. The idea was to groom me for the left seat. I got a call from my boss that they wanted to get rid of the guy in the right seat. Honestly, I can't blame them. If it was my company, I'd fly it single pilot. My boss talked them in to flying two pilot, but cutting pay down to $100 a day from $300 flying /$150 non flying. When he told me this, he said he already found seven guys to do it the asked if I wanted to stay around. I said no thanks. This is all no huge surprise, and no huge loss. I had a great time flying and on the trips, but had to put up with more than a fair share of BS. Something about being three weeks behind on your paychecks and putting the Grey Goose on ice in the back of the plane pisses you off.

On to bigger and better things.
You are a great kid , and I am proud of you. I hope you find a better opportunity out there.

You guys aren't too far apart location-wise, are you hearing about any opportunities locally?

Wolfy...it was good meeting you that day at KSAC. Have you looked at Indigo over at Mather. It's a charter op starting up flying Cirrus's around..they inquired if I was interested, but passed on it. The pay is alright and home every night. PM me if you want some more info..

Shoot guys, this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I live in Sonoma, really close to Napa. If this had happened two months ago, I would have been up for moving anywhere. I have a family commitment though that is keeping me here until at least next June. Not that this is a bad place to live. :)

Soon I'm going to update my logbook and resume. I had a problem that left my electronic logbook way out of date, but I'm thinking about 400TT/100ME/100Tailwheel.

If I'm going to brag, I'm the president of an Air Explorers post, on the board of directors for an EAA chapter, a ropes course leader and an EMT-Basic.

I've definitely been tempted to bring the chops back, but - figure it's best to stay in professional mode.

Musketeerman, it looks like I'm way under the times on Indigo's website. If you think it's worth a shot, I'll send something in.

Thank you guys so much for helping me out with this.

Wolfy,

There's a charter company at KSAC that was looking for part-time right-seaters in their King Airs when I was last there a few years ago--I don't know what their status is now, but I've got a friend there if you might be interested.

Back