American Eagle Probation ride...passed

stillageek

Just passed my CRJ700 probation check ride at American Eagle. I was worried as I have yet to fail a check ride in my flying career. I'm not a "bad ass pilot" (although I have a sticker that says I am)...but just perform well under pressure and when put on the spot. One year down...34 more left till I have to retire.

Just passed my CRJ700 probation check ride at American Eagle. I was worried as I have yet to fail a check ride in my flying career. I'm not a "bad ass pilot" (although I have a sticker that says I am)...but just perform well under pressure and when put on the spot. One year down...34 more left till I have to retire.

At least they won't all be PCs! And, now you'll be on the point system. The real hard work is behind you.

I am visiting the school house myself next week. I'm going to have to learn how to fly the Jungle Jet.

does that mean a nice pay bump as well? :)

only 5 years until you get close to upgrade at AE :sarcasm:

oh and love the blog!

does that mean a nice pay bump as well? :)

only 5 years until you get close to upgrade at AE :sarcasm:

oh and love the blog!

Thus why I took the 5 year Leave of Absence. Come back just in time for upgrade.

Congrats on passing the probie ride. The mental work-up to that ride is very stressful because if you screw up and could be let go.

The AP doesn't even kick off on a CRJ if you have an engine failure, you just sit there. Go around white needle autopilot on sit back relax and watch the airplane fly itself on fire. How can you fail??? Try a real airplane. Good job though, any check ride passed is always good.

Whats a real airplane slep? Certainly not one you've ever flown! :D

Congrats stillageek -- youve never failed a checkride because you have an "easy" button.
50e7b552c45ad275.jpg

I have a PC coming up too, wish me luck.

I ALWAYS have that Easy Button. I had it in the sim. Once I was done I gave it a quick press. I do get a pay bump until Spring when I get displaced to the ATR

Thus why I took the 5 year Leave of Absence. Come back just in time for upgrade.

Congrats on passing the probie ride. The mental work-up to that ride is very stressful because if you screw up and could be let go.

Congrats!!! "What are you going to do Now?"- I'm going to Disney World!! aka-sit and have a beer

Its such relief to have the ride over!!!!

congrats darren. keep up the good work! (and the blog)

hopefully things will turn around and AE will hold onto a few extra CRJ's in DFW for ya.

Back