RAF helps Blind Pilot Land

pretty crazy stuff. i cant imagine tying to land a plane without being able to see the controls. luckily it was a cessna. im sure that made it easier for the RAF pilot, who im sure has flown a cessna of some sort) to guide this old dude through the paces. hes pretty lucky

Kudos to the pilot of the cessna as well. Clearly, he knew his airplane well and kept calm enough to pull this all off. Now, as a student, do i need to start practicing for flying blind?

Kudos to the pilot of the cessna as well. Clearly, he knew his airplane well and kept calm enough to pull this all off. Now, as a student, do i need to start practicing for flying blind?

not unless you forsee a mild stroke in your future :laff:. No, but you will have to do some hood time..not really blind, that's about as close as you'll need to get.

question: how can an unpressurized cessna travel at 15,000?? I thought you had to be pressurized to be above 10,000?

question: how can an unpressurized cessna travel at 15,000?? I thought you had to be pressurized to be above 10,000?

It's really all about oxygen being available and how it's delivered, depending on the altitude. I can't think of a reg that says you actually have to be pressurized.

my knowledge might be a little rusty but here in the US I believe supplemental oxygen for anytime above 12,5 longer than 30 mins. If 15k or above it is needs to be on for any amount of time.....

again it's not the exact words, but I think it's pretty close.

my knowledge might be a little rusty but here in the US I believe supplemental oxygen for anytime above 12,5 longer than 30 mins. If 15k or above it is needs to be on for any amount of time.....

again it's not the exact words, but I think it's pretty close.

It's required at 14,000 for crew, at 15,000 for all on board but close enought..It's also recommended at night over 5,000 to protect your night vision..

Back