scissors

sky7

You are the Captain. The flight attendant comes up front during boarding, hands you a good size pair of scissors and explains that a pax gave them to her. The pax said that the TSA missed them (shocking, I know) and she (the pax) was just trying to do the right thing by giving them to a crew member. Other pax noticed the handoff so returning them discretely is not an option. The FA is not comfortable carrying them around for the rest of the day. Calling a TSA rep could cause the airport to be cleared out and everybody to be re-screened, which won't help you get home anytime soon. Just throwing them awaystill leaves a potential weapon inside of security. You are not "legally" allowed to posess them while inside of security and the TSA just loves to do random searches at the doors near you crew lounge.

would divert the flight immediately to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba to offload this terrorist pax with the scissors :rawk:

That is in fact, exactly what we did. I suggested we run around screaming and freaking out, but the captain in his infinite wisdom, decided on the gitmo route.

Pilots can't even have scissors inside the security area??

How the heck are you suppose to cut the wires on a bomb then? :confused:

I would thank the FA and later thank the passenger for the honesty. In the mean time I would send for a gate agent to pick them up from the cockpit and dispose of them. No need to get the TSA involved and delay a flight while TSA lectures the passenger.

That's why it's important to clean out all luggage before you pack. I forgot scissors in my backpack once and made it all the way to my destination. When I unpacked I saw huge scissors in one of the side pockets. Shocking that TSA didn't see the massive scissors when I went through. They did pull me aside and ask me if it was my bag, I said yes and was sent on my way. I learned my lesson. :whatever:

I would thank the FA and later thank the passenger for the honesty. In the mean time I would send for a gate agent to pick them up from the cockpit and dispose of them. No need to get the TSA involved and delay a flight while TSA lectures the passenger.

And as you close the door and get ready to push back, said passenger shows you their TSA ID and informs you that you failed their test and they are revoking your certificate immediately. Don't try to be a hero or a nice guy where security is involved. Call TSA and let them do their job.

And as you close the door and get ready to push back, said passenger shows you their TSA ID and informs you that you failed their test and they are revoking your certificate immediately. Don't try to be a hero or a nice guy where security is involved. Call TSA and let them do their job.

That would suck...

crash axe

You ever think about if you took the crash axe on an overnight with you and brought it back in the morning. You wouldn't be able to get through security with it, yet the plane isn't legal to leave without it. Silly TSA.

You ever think about if you took the crash axe on an overnight with you and brought it back in the morning. You wouldn't be able to get through security with it, yet the plane isn't legal to leave without it. Silly TSA.

lol

And everyone below you on the list moves up a number! It's a win-win!

"XXXX XXXXXX, please call Sked for your DH to the CP's office."

The TSA WOULD do something like that. They are sneaky at some stations. For some reason they are given or think they are given the latitude to think outside the box with how they police, but NOT how they apply the regs. Go figure.

And everyone below you on the list moves up a number! It's a win-win!

"XXXX XXXXXX, please call Sked for your DH to the CP's office."

Possibly. Maybe not. Some fool at our company got caught selling David Clark's stolen right out of the airplanes. He sold somewhere around 35 on Ebay which involves multiple federal crimes. Still has his job.

I'd like to give a shout out to that asshat! What's up dude?

Back