Good news for Mesaba poolies

Heard from two check airmen and a couple of MX guys were buying Comair, so you know that's true.

On a sorta-related note, Pinnacle's latest bid had FO slots go EMPTY, which means we'll probably ramp up hiring again. Still no CA vacancies in the NWA bases, though. Just ATL.

If there was even a shred of truth in that rumor, then your management team really must be pretty bad.

Everyone keeps talking about the freedoms 900s, but it seems to be something more. I mean it's not just just pilots we are hiring. Everybody from FAs to ground personel are being hired right now and from the looks of it, it's going to be more than just those freedom 900s. And that new memo that came out requesting our flight times seems to be interesting. Either the company really doesn't know what everyones total times are or they wanna see how many street captains they are gonna need in the future. Or maybe I dont know what I'm talking about.

It is to see if they'll need more street captains. I think we'll be alright with the number of FO's who have acquired the time they need (sans the 19-22 year olds). Although if the high estimates (on # of aircraft) are correct we don't have enough ATP qualified FO's to make the cut. On the bright side I might get MEM all to myself *hugs self*.

Jeeze man, if the rumors about the new aircraft you are talking about is true, what is that, another 800 pilots we have to hire? Thats some crazy numbers we are throwing around man. I'll take it though. Hows the weather down in Memphis these days? We are already wearing our jackets up here in ghetto Detroit. Winter is going to be fun!

Jeeze man, if the rumors about the new aircraft you are talking about is true, what is that, another 800 pilots we have to hire? Thats some crazy numbers we are throwing around man. I'll take it though. Hows the weather down in Memphis these days? We are already wearing our jackets up here in ghetto Detroit. Winter is going to be fun!
Wearing a coat at night anyhow. Certainly much better that DTW IMO.

The rumors are simply rumors. Keep in mind Comair hired a boatload of people and then furloughed them all... Mesa too. Just remember a lot of these rumors are from guys in management who are sworn to secrecy, and I'd imagine "dis-information" is a legitimate way to get around bothersome pilots. We'll get more planes or we won't. Personally I'm concentrating most of my energy on trying to keep this new POM straight in my head :panic:.

I'd genuinely be surprised if we even got 11 Saabs and they got put in ATL. I'd think thats all we can really get at this point. Unfortuately I don't know where we'd find them.

Wearing a coat at night anyhow. Certainly much better that DTW IMO.

The rumors are simply rumors. Keep in mind Comair hired a boatload of people and then furloughed them all... Mesa too. Just remember a lot of these rumors are from guys in management who are sworn to secrecy, and I'd imagine "dis-information" is a legitimate way to get around bothersome pilots. We'll get more planes or we won't. Personally I'm concentrating most of my energy on trying to keep this new POM straight in my head :panic:.

I'd genuinely be surprised if we even got 11 Saabs and they got put in ATL. I'd think thats all we can really get at this point. Unfortuately I don't know where we'd find them.

Isn't AE returning Saabs?

One of our FO's saw last night and I looked at it too. Mesaba Q-400 flying DEN to COS today for Frontier. No I'm afraid this isn't a rumor, just some huge screwup on the website that showed us flying instead of lynx. We did spend about 5 minutes in the crew room chuckling that Northwest/Delta was buying up Frontier and we'd take the Lynx route. This is because Denver is too damn nice a city and everyone secretly wants to live there.

PS. Although if anyone is in Denver today about noonish and you see a Q-400 takeoff headed for COS make sure the side doesn't say operated by Mesaba.

Hey word came out today. ATL base for the SAAB 340. At this time no new aircraft but we will at some point begin flying out of ATL to replace some ASA flying.

Hey word came out today. ATL base for the SAAB 340. At this time no new aircraft but we will at some point begin flying out of ATL to replace some ASA flying.

Well, AFAIK, that article did not cite any official announcement, and I am now unable to access it. Hoax/released too early? Who knows...

"
Delta Air Lines intends to reduce its number of regional partners as the merger with Northwest Airlines approaches. "If you add everyone up together now you have nine [regional partners]," Delta Connection Senior VP Don Bornhorst told the The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "I think the right answer is going to be along the lines of seven or eight. We have too much lift in Delta Connection." He said there no longer is a "seller's market" for regionals. "Clearly we are on the other side of that growth curve now and I would even argue that there are too many regional jets." Delta has canceled contracts with ExpressJet (ATWOnline, July 4) and Mesa Air Group subsidiary Freedom Airlines (ATWOnline, Aug. 6) already this year and attempted unsuccessfully to end another deal with Freedom (ATWOnline, May 30) and its CRJ900 agreement with Pinnacle Airlines (ATWOnline, July 21).
Northwest currently has agreements with Pinnacle and wholly owned subsidiaries Mesaba Airlines and Compass Airlines. "We haven't made any schedule reductions at this time with any of those carriers," a Northwest spokesperson told ATWOnline. "That's something that will be decided once the merger is approved."
by Sandra Arnoult"

http://www.atwonline.com/news/other.html?issueDate=10/22/2008

"
Delta Air Lines intends to reduce its number of regional partners as the merger with Northwest Airlines approaches. "If you add everyone up together now you have nine [regional partners]," Delta Connection Senior VP Don Bornhorst told the The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "I think the right answer is going to be along the lines of seven or eight. We have too much lift in Delta Connection." He said there no longer is a "seller's market" for regionals. "Clearly we are on the other side of that growth curve now and I would even argue that there are too many regional jets." Delta has canceled contracts with ExpressJet (ATWOnline, July 4) and Mesa Air Group subsidiary Freedom Airlines (ATWOnline, Aug. 6) already this year and attempted unsuccessfully to end another deal with Freedom (ATWOnline, May 30) and its CRJ900 agreement with Pinnacle Airlines (ATWOnline, July 21).
Northwest currently has agreements with Pinnacle and wholly owned subsidiaries Mesaba Airlines and Compass Airlines. "We haven't made any schedule reductions at this time with any of those carriers," a Northwest spokesperson told ATWOnline. "That's something that will be decided once the merger is approved."
by Sandra Arnoult"

http://www.atwonline.com/news/other.html?issueDate=10/22/2008

To sum it up no one is safe and we will be the last ones to find out

Wait! I'm posting again?

D.O. said 8 Freedom/pinnacle -900's and 7 new -900's

15 new -900's. No idea the base, and no nothing is on paper.

hurray rumors!

Wait! I'm posting again?

hurray rumors!

Heard it straight out of his mouth today... basically its unofficially official, and they've known for a few months.

Does that mean you'll start hiring again and I can, in some strange and sick twist of fate, be Dan's first officer?

Wait! I'm posting again?

hurray rumors!

Yeah, kinda figured that was gonna happen. I'm pretty sure the 7 new ones were the ones Freedom was supposed to take delivery of. At least now Pinnacle won't be the sole source of hate from Comair. :)

Does that mean you'll start hiring again and I can, in some strange and sick twist of fate, be Dan's first officer?

Dude, we've got a number of XJT FOs in new hire class, I know you're never serious when you say you're going to leave the industry. :) Just tell 'em in the interview you really want to fly the Saab because you hate flying jets, and you'd probably get the job and the plane.

And before someone says Mesaba can't fly the Freedom 900s b/c they only have AHRS and ours have IRS... D.O. said they're just going to give differences training.

Yeah, kinda figured that was gonna happen. I'm pretty sure the 7 new ones were the ones Freedom was supposed to take delivery of. At least now Pinnacle won't be the sole source of hate from Comair. :)
Lol. Good point. Guess you and I are gonna be drinking our sorrows together for more than one reason now!

Back