2009 roundtables

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
conversation has been started in regards to having smaller roundtables for next year instead of one large roundtable.

If we had smaller roundtable sessions...

If you're looking to present:
who wants to present a topic and what topic would you present? Will AV equipment be needed?

if you're looking to attend:
What topics are you interested in learning?

I'd like to get these small roundtables set up as soon as possible to see if we have membership interest in attending (first off) and to see just how many roundtable sessions we're looking at so i can make sure i make the proper room arrangements or what not (wherever we end up)

I think there are a few topics that should interest everyone - Dr. Forred comes to mind. Perhaps we could do an "information for everybody" roundtable with maybe 2 or 3 very time limited general topics, and then have an opportunity to break up in sub groups to cover more specific and tailored subjects. This will allow attending JCers the opportunity to fine tune their learning experience and not waste time on topics that don't interest them.

I thought the big round table worked out fine. Maybe a smaller room next time so it's a little easier to hear everyone talk. Plus, it was freezing in that giant ballroom.

I certainly agree with calcapt's concept. A couple "cornerstone" presentations, maybe one or two anchoring the day, and smaller, more focused ones through out the day.

A great topic I'd love to learn about, and my interest was again drawn to it during Dr. Forred's presentation.

1)Nutrition.

OK, we all know how we're supposed to eat, but a 30 minute turn with the choices of Asian Chao, McDo, Local Deli ripyouoff sammies, and pizza as your choices or the crewmeals on board are our reality.

So how about a practical talk on eating less wrong, for lack of a better term, with the choices we're given on a daily basis.

2) Excercise

A practical application of what we should do on an 8 hour overnight with a bangin' gym or 24 hours in a neighborhood we dare not go out into.

What are some excerises and a practical, heart healthy, routine we can do consistently in hotels?

Add hydration to the discussion, you guys on the road do not always drink enough water, in addition to eating crappy food & lots of booze, makes for a bad combination.

Kriste,
If you guys want I can do a presentation. I think Dale gave you my contact info. Don't know how much interest there would be, but I've got some killer videos.

If you're looking to present:
who wants to present a topic and what topic would you present? Will AV equipment be needed?

I'd like to be a presenter.

My topic would be: "How to Survive Your First Year On The Line"
The meat and potatoes of the subject would be "Proper Attitudes for New Hire First Officers".

give me an idea on what you'd like to present on....and what videos?
Ah, thought Dale gave you guys my card. Stuff on Firefighting, and some cool vids from the cockpit going down the canyon at 150'. Stuff like that. Don't know what interest it would have.

I'd like to be a presenter.

My topic would be: "How to Survive Your First Year On The Line"
The meat and potatoes of the subject would be "Proper Attitudes for New Hire First Officers".
SOLD! half hour talk time and 15 mins for questions?

Ah, thought Dale gave you guys my card. Stuff on Firefighting, and some cool vids from the cockpit going down the canyon at 150'. Stuff like that. Don't know what interest it would have.
oh yea.. he did... since i don't remember cards to usernames all that well, i'd forgotten. Thanks for reminding me.

Firefighting would be a great topic!

Sign me up for this one. Front row too

SOLD! half hour talk time and 15 mins for questions?

Done. :)

I'm bidding my vacation time for next year once I turn the page on the calendar, so I'll just bid that week in October.

42nd weekend of the year, correct? ie, 3rd weekend in October?

Firefighting one is a great idea.

I'd also like to see some wisdom/knowledge passed down form the corporate 91/135 heads.

Back