Suburban Air Freight?

Anyone know anything about Suburban air freight? Their website doesn't say that much.

They're based out of omaha. They were primarily flying UPS contracts until Ameriflight took over all of their routes last summer (subair was underbid). They still have some mail routes throughout the U.S., but as a company they're in tough shape. There were some rumors they were looking into some Mexican routes.

It's a really bad deal about this company. They were a great company to work for with great pay for pilots. If you're looking at going here i doubt they're actually hiring and if they are, unfortunately, I'd say stay away.

They're based out of omaha. They were primarily flying UPS contracts until Ameriflight took over all of their routes last summer (subair was underbid). They still have some mail routes throughout the U.S., but as a company they're in tough shape. There were some rumors they were looking into some Mexican routes.

It's a really bad deal about this company. They were a great company to work for with great pay for pilots. If you're looking at going here i doubt they're actually hiring and if they are, unfortunately, I'd say stay away.

Not true, I know for a fact they still have some UPS runs as one goes into SDF every night

Not true, I know for a fact they still have some UPS runs as one goes into SDF every night

Sorry... you're correct. They did manage to hold onto a couple of caravan routes out of Omaha. They did lose all of their 99 and 1900 routes they had based out of Omaha to Ameriflight though. They also lost their 1900 route out of Sioux Falls to Ameriflight. No matter how you crack it, the company is hurting. I would shy away for the time being.

Sorry... you're correct. They did manage to hold onto a couple of caravan routes out of Omaha. They did lose all of their 99 and 1900 routes they had based out of Omaha to Ameriflight though. They also lost their 1900 route out of Sioux Falls to Ameriflight. No matter how you crack it, the company is hurting. I would shy away for the time being.

Negative again....They didnt lose all their 1900 runs for UPS.. There is one that goes from MLI-SDF mon-fri....

As for the company as a whole, I dont really know a whole lot about the whole operation other than their run into SDF. The guy that flies it enjoys it but the same stuff every night does get old....Shoot them a resume, who knows maybe that 1900 run outta MLI will open up if the current guy leaves....Or at least might free up some Caravan runs if those guys move to it....

Negative again....They didnt lose all their 1900 runs for UPS.. There is one that goes from MLI-SDF mon-fri....

As for the company as a whole, I dont really know a whole lot about the whole operation other than their run into SDF. The guy that flies it enjoys it but the same stuff every night does get old....Shoot them a resume, who knows maybe that 1900 run outta MLI will open up if the current guy leaves....Or at least might free up some Caravan runs if those guys move to it....

I didn't say all of their 1900 routes... only the ones that go into and out of omaha. And they did for sure lose their fsd route.

The rumor is that UPS is reducing the amount of feeder companies that they are using significantly.

The rumor is that UPS is reducing the amount of feeder companies that they are using significantly.

Exactly...word I have been hearing is its going to be down to a total of 5 feeders....And I think your company and my company are 2 of the few that might stick around...not counting my chicks before they hatch thats just what I hear

Exactly...word I have been hearing is its going to be down to a total of 5 feeders....And I think your company and my company are 2 of the few that might stick around...not counting my chicks before they hatch thats just what I hear

Thats the word ive heard also but more like 15 total feeders. I was told there was over 100 feeders moving boxes for UPS they wan't to simplfy and reduce

well see..... if that happens we should work on all of us getting some representation.

Speaking of FSD (Sioux falls area) are there any freight operators out of there. I heard Business Air went out of business any truth to that? Thought of moving out in that part of the states.

Speaking of FSD (Sioux falls area) are there any freight operators out of there. I heard Business Air went out of business any truth to that? Thought of moving out in that part of the states.

No real truth to that. The company now operating out of FSD is Encore Air Cargo. Business aviation was sold and the freight side, business aviation courier, changed operating names to Encore Air Cargo. 10 metros and 11 pistons. Good company, but not looking for pilots at the moment.

Back