Flight instructing in your airspace?

not much of a pissing contest when those are the facts, if you want to get really technical class D is individually tailored to the area when instrument procedures exist. so yes, there may be class D that is 5NM (as opposed to SM) but the only time SM is really used with reference to aviation is in weather conditions.
u are 100% correct on all accounts soonerkid. not bad for an OU fan. :laff: just kidding.

anyway, Class D's are individually tailored and normally contains within it's airspace an instrument procedure. statue miles are only used for visibility. air traffic and pilots utilize nautical miles. don't ask me the difference though. the last 3 towers i worked at that was class D was 7.2nm, 4.3nm, and 5.4nm. none of which is a nice 5nm radius. the 2500agl is USUALLY pretty standard though.

u are 100% correct on all accounts soonerkid. not bad for an OU fan. :laff: just kidding.

anyway, Class D's are individually tailored and normally contains within it's airspace an instrument procedure. statue miles are only used for visibility. air traffic and pilots utilize nautical miles. don't ask me the difference though. the last 3 towers i worked at that was class D was 7.2nm, 4.3nm, and 5.4nm. none of which is a nice 5nm radius. the 2500agl is USUALLY pretty standard though.
thanks. not only am i a fan im alum as well :laff:. still waiting for GnW to reply, i think hes still relearning airspace dimensions while eating a slice of humble pie

1NM=6072 feet, or 1/3 league. If you are doing 60kts TAS, you will cover 1NM in one minute, as 1kt = 1.15 mph.
1SM=5280 feet.

thanks. not only am i a fan im alum as well :laff:. still waiting for GnW to reply, i think hes still relearning airspace dimensions while eating a slice of humble pie

Eating humble pie? First off, you're the idiot spewing completely outlandish information like "you shouldn't really be instructing in Class D airspace." Jesus f'ing christolo, folks.

You went way beyond a grammar/syntax/unit of measurement error--my only offense (and admittedly it was wrong and I accept that). But let me break down the difference for you, in case you're having trouble understanding. <edited>

Shame on you, Sooner. Shame on you.

Back