Worst plane to fuel!

MU-2s suck! So do Caravans... But my vote would go for one we had in last week... Grumman Albatross... 600 Gallons 100LL that you have to take the fuel nozzle up with a rope because even the Caravan ladder wont reach! Plus the (We've flown for 3 hours, we're going to need 12 qts Aeroshell!) doesn't help either!

Helos aren't terrible, the best is the UH-60s: Hook up, fill till it stops, unhook... Worst helo to fuel would be Eurocopter Dauphin...

I can't wait until a Bitchjet 400 (straight 400, not an "a" model...there probably aren't many left) pulls up to your hoses and they ask you to fuel the trunk. Bahahahahhahaha.

I can't wait until a Bitchjet 400 (straight 400, not an "a" model...there probably aren't many left) pulls up to your hoses and they ask you to fuel the trunk. Bahahahahhahaha.
We get them in all the time. We have Airforce T-1s (beechjet trainers) about 5 or 6 a day!

We get them in all the time. We have Airforce T-1s (beechjet trainers) about 5 or 6 a day!

Heehahahah. Those are single point, buddy. Someday you'll get an RJ (serial number) rather than an RK, and you will feel the pain of fueling the trunk. You basically have to hump the engine nacelle and have someone hand you the hose. It's fun to watch. Wait, does that make me a bad person?

Heehahahah. Those are single point, buddy. Someday you'll get an RJ (serial number) rather than an RK, and you will feel the pain of fueling the trunk. You basically have to hump the engine nacelle and have someone hand you the hose. It's fun to watch. Wait, does that make me a bad person?
It was kind of funny coming to work at the FBO one day and finding everyone standing around trying to figure out what the hell the pilot meant by "200 in the trunk." I read about it on JC and enlightened them.
The_More_You_Know.jpg

Their "Single Point" and so are the Navy T-6. Its great until they spend 15 minutes trying to figure out how much fuel they need and then they come out while your hooked up... "Oh, btw our single points broken so we need wings topped and 150 in the trunk. And we get those damn old exec jet share diamonds... Top the trunk takes longer then topping a twin commander though a single overwing.

Now the navy im pretty sure just has fun screwing with people not wanting the T-6s topped single point. That extra 10 gallons really means a lot to them apparently!

MU-2s suck! So do Caravans... But my vote would go for one we had in last week... Grumman Albatross... 600 Gallons 100LL that you have to take the fuel nozzle up with a rope because even the Caravan ladder wont reach! Plus the (We've flown for 3 hours, we're going to need 12 qts Aeroshell!) doesn't help either!

Helos aren't terrible, the best is the UH-60s: Hook up, fill till it stops, unhook... Worst helo to fuel would be Eurocopter Dauphin...
I like the single point caravans.
Not at all. You have a fine taste in entertainment.
It doesn't happen often, but we will get Lear 36s that need fuel in the trunk.

The bitchjet straight 400 is teh suck. I'm noticing a commonality with Japanese airplanes being a PITA to fuel.

I agree. AStars were a joke when I used to fuel them in Nogales. You guys still roll through there at o dark thirty in the morning?

Yup, all the time. We have UH-1s augmenting and possibly replacing our UH-60s.

Hate the trunk tank on the Beechjet.... excuse me... Hawker 400xp

Hate how long the Astra takes.

Should have to wear a safety harness for the Caravan on floats.

The Convair was pure awesome though... "We'll take your 100LL" "How much sir?" "Why... all of it!" ;)

The MU-2 when all 6 tanks needed fuel. Would also agree that I've never enjoyed filling ANY helicopter.

The MU2 by far... having to go back and forth between the tip tanks three times, 30 gallons at a time... BLOWS. And yeah the EC135 and 145 are major PITAs

Back