EWR to PHL

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Well, almost four years after the FAA first said they were going to move the EWR Area out of N90 to form a new Area at PHL Tracon, the FAA sent out notices of reassignment today. Of 24 people being reassigned only 7 are doing so voluntarily, the other 17 have been told they will do two years TDY at PHL and then back to N90.

The FAA has told us they expect new trainees for the PHL-EWR area to take about 3 months to certify, nevermind that it currently takes an average of 2+ years. They also say that the hourly rate into EWR will be lowered to 16, yes, 16 arrivals per hour at EWR. According to the FAA the airlines are fine with this.

The cutover date as currently scheduled is July 28. Not a lot of time to sell and buy a house.

This will be a giant cluster •.

(For the record, I am one of the 7)

Sorry the FAA is making you all go through this. Also sounds like a bad time of year to embark on this project.

I had to give the FAA side of that a wow up above but I also wanted to say congrats getting back to New Jersey!

Yikes! I've heard this has been on the radar for some time but what exactly is the reasoning for the move to PHL?

Also, I'm biased but south jersey is far and away better than north jersey. Lower taxes, more property for the price, more land, less traffic (for the most part at least), and better beaches. You can live in the middle-of-nowhere with a ton of land or a typical suburban town and still be an easy 20-30 minutes from the airport. Feel free to PM me if you need any recommendations on good areas to look at.

Well, almost four years after the FAA first said they were going to move the EWR Area out of N90 to form a new Area at PHL Tracon, the FAA sent out notices of reassignment today. Of 24 people being reassigned only 7 are doing so voluntarily, the other 17 have been told they will do two years TDY at PHL and then back to N90.

The FAA has told us they expect new trainees for the PHL-EWR area to take about 3 months to certify, nevermind that it currently takes an average of 2+ years. They also say that the hourly rate into EWR will be lowered to 16, yes, 16 arrivals per hour at EWR. According to the FAA the airlines are fine with this.

The cutover date as currently scheduled is July 28. Not a lot of time to sell and buy a house.

FAA paying for relocation?

Yikes! I've heard this has been on the radar for some time but what exactly is the reasoning for the move to PHL?

Also, I'm biased but south jersey is far and away better than north jersey. Lower taxes, more property for the price, more land, less traffic (for the most part at least), and better beaches. You can live in the middle-of-nowhere with a ton of land or a typical suburban town and still be an easy 20-30 minutes from the airport. Feel free to PM me if you need any recommendations on good areas to look at.
Northwest Jersey is the best Jersey. We’ve looked in Jersey on Zillow but im hoping to get away from $10k+ property taxes. Plus any place we’ve found we liked the schools suck.
FAA paying for relocation?
Yes and plus some.

i bet you like taylor ham too, maniac

south jersey is great for the sand and pine tree enthusiast

Northwest Jersey is the best Jersey. We’ve looked in Jersey on Zillow but im hoping to get away from $10k+ property taxes. Plus any place we’ve found we liked the schools suck.

Yes and plus some.
One part of the state I know pretty much nothing about. Heard great things from guys I've flown with who live up there. Sub $10k property taxes are easily doable in SJ but yeah the school system may not be as great. Really hit and miss from one town to another. Northwest Gloucester county (lower taxes) and parts of Burlington county (higher taxes) are the sweet spots.
i bet you like taylor ham too, maniac

south jersey is great for the sand and pine tree enthusiast
Taylor what? Pork roll all the way ;)

I just don’t know how they’re going cut the hourly rate by 2/3’s in the middle of the summer and think United is ok with it. Or for that matter how they think the EWR area will have more staffing 2 years from now then it does now
I imagine 24 is not the entirety of your sector? Will they be moving it one scope at a time? Also 3 months in training even for CPC-ITs is absurd.

Will this make phl a 12?... I'm sure it will be weird in the interim but I definitely think there's a better chance of getting people to transfer to phl especially as a 12 then N90.

What’s the current hourly Arrival rate at EWR?

Is the facility ready for more warm bodies (enough scopes, and other equipment) or is relying on updates/ new construction for this “new area PHL TRACON” ?

Back