Endeavor Air - Honest answers

Any idea when that will come out? Is there a schedule for these?
vacancy 16-03 is already out. If you go to the company website, Flight Ops, Notice/Vacancy/Realingments, Notice/Vacancy/Realingments, again and its there. Just make sure you have your Preference bid in the order you want it so you don't end up somewhere you don't want to be. If you need any help with it your ground instructors should be able to help you with it, and I can also if you need it.

So with the initial award of 16-03, anyone still doubt that we are moving flying to NYC. Can't wait to see how many secondaries in DTW and MSP aren't filled...

Dude, the sky isn't falling... Take a deep breath, look at your bank account, and it'll all be fine. Posting this crap on here and APC isn't going to help!

So because my opinion doesn't fit the company mentality that going to NYC is such a great thing, it means the sky is falling? I'm just commenting in general, especially for people who may come here with the intention of wanting to go to DTW or MSP... Having 4 DCI carriers based in DTW isn't a sign of good things to come, IMO.

So because my opinion doesn't fit the company mentality that going to NYC is such a great thing, it means the sky is falling? I'm just commenting in general, especially for people who may come here with the intention of wanting to go to DTW or MSP... Having 4 DCI carriers based in DTW isn't a sign of good things to come, IMO.
Was it you or someone else on here cheerleading for endeavor just six months back? Obviously you were just a new hire then so it's forgivable.

Skywest will take ya, good company with a real managment team that has been on a decade long "hot hand". Give it a try.

Was it you or someone else on here cheerleading for endeavor just six months back? Obviously you were just a new hire then so it's forgivable.

Skywest will take ya, good company with a real managment team that has been on a decade long "hot hand". Give it a try.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad place to be right now. But if you hate NYC with the same passion as most people do, you would understand why some of us think that being pushed to NYC isn't a good thing. Couple that with the history of Delta Connection carriers in NYC and you have to start connecting the possible dots at some point

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad place to be right now. But if you hate NYC with the same passion as most people do, you would understand why some of us think that being pushed to NYC isn't a good thing. Couple that with the history of Delta Connection carriers in NYC and you have to start connecting the possible dots at some point
Sure, sorta. Maybe what sometimes gets lost for new hires is the following. The history in nyc for delta regionals is why yoigot you the 20k (now 23 for other reasons).

When delta sticks everyone in nyc they dont want to fly for them, then ends their contracts like breaking up with an ex in high school (no fwb later) theres no one left to hold the bag at some point (nov/dec 2014) Furthermore theyve given up running •shows like gojets out of town or leveraging them into improvements out of pocket because no one in regional investor land gives a damn about flying with delta, unless you're tied to them already.

Nyc is ripe for regional flying, delta has given up the whipsaw because theyve destroyed every partnership they have, even with wisconsin (the only reason endeavor will have 200s) and they barely got to day one.

The 200s will be parked when gas goes up but that ain't a problem with nyc. Thatll effect msp and dtw too and there is no one out there that will step in for what delta wants to pay them, and what you guys can operate for.

But i wouldn't judge you if you left, they need you more than you need them. Skywest is a good company and always was. Endeavor is as nice as it is only because the union reps stood strong, stayed professional and consistent, and made good bets against delta that paid off hugely.

Go back a couple years and look at the displacements/realignmets (they wern't called vacancies like we have today) and look at how many people were involuntarily pushed into NYC while being forced to downgrade and switch aircraft (back when the procedures were nothing alike). Like Joe said above this is how we got the improvements that you new guys enjoy today. The opportunity you guys have here is limitless. If you don't want to spend a few months in NYC to realize it, then you should apply elsewhere.

Not really what I meant at all. There will always be a need for 200s, there are some markets that a 900 just doesn't make sense. Once Delta wants to shed more 200s they will shed the ones coming off contract at other carriers.

There you have it, the crystal ball we all needed a decade ago. Well its good to hear those 200s are sticking around and dual qual will come for the line pilots (not training pilots too). That program will take a year or so to put together and you should get a lot of money for it.

You heard it here first boys and girls, 200s are staying at endeavor, and dual qual just around corner for non FTIs.

Look i hope it all works out. I think your wrong about 200s and i think gas prices will eventually remove the regional airplane that makes the least money from the regional that pays their people the most

Ps/edit. Not really my business obviously. Everyone enjoy, its all gonna be fine. I honestly think the dark times are over and even if they did park the 50seaters for gas i dont think itd kill endeavor or anything.

Last edited:
I don't get why NYC gets a bad rap. True, it's expensive but so is just about every other large city (eg, SFO, LAX). The 'burbs of NYC (and by that I mean NJ west of the 24/I-78 split) are actually very nice and affordable. Probably not on a regional wage, but at a major yes.

jynxjoe, are you at Endeavor, SSPed to Delta, other.....?

You honestly think we scrapped the 200s (including the training program), just to have to scramble and put the program back together so we could take these airplanes out of the desert, only to park them once again in a span of 18 months?? If we still had 140+ I would agree with you, but not with the fleet sizes we have today. Instructors are starting to dual qual on both fleets and we're just about to open 2 more 200 bases. I'm going to take that as a sign the fleet is mostly safe for now. We will see in 5 years, but you're stretching when you talk about 18 months.

You honestly think we scrapped the 200s (including the training program), just to have to scramble and put the program back together so we could take these airplanes out of the desert, only to park them once again in a span of 18 months?? If we still had 140+ I would agree with you, but not with the fleet sizes we have today. Instructors are starting to dual qual on both fleets and we're just about to open 2 more 200 bases. I'm going to take that as a sign the fleet is mostly safe for now. We will see in 5 years, but you're stretching when you talk about 18 months.
Oh you haven't seen me stretch. You should see my thought provoking analysis on why republicans unconsciencely are doing their best to sabatoge the 2016 election by propping up Donald, because they secretly want a third Obama term even if it means Hilldawg. I can find no explination why every candidate that had a chance of winning against the democrats lost to Donald.

What's 20 bucks a barrel in 1998 dollars? 34 or so? At 44 it makes a ton of sense to keep flying them. The airplanes were coming out of the desert either way, just to wisconsin, until they said "come pick up you're airplanes or we'll charge ramp fees". Tag, you're it. Anyway, you were there for it and you know more than me. Either way you think endeavor will still exist in 5 years?(I assume every pilot will have moved on by then)

jynxjoe, are you at Endeavor, SSPed to Delta, other.....?
I'm at virgin with you. Alaska now I guess, im also tomcatter. I'm not sure where you're at with this but im never wearing a tie again, idc what alaskan says. #Notieforever

Oh you haven't seen me stretch. You should see my thought provoking analysis on why republicans unconsciencely are doing their best to sabatoge the 2016 election by propping up Donald, because they secretly want a third Obama term even if it means Hilldawg. I can find no explination why every candidate that had a chance of winning against the democrats lost to Donald.

What's 20 bucks a barrel in 1998 dollars? 34 or so? At 44 it makes a ton of sense to keep flying them. The airplanes were coming out of the desert either way, just to wisconsin, until they said "come pick up you're airplanes or we'll charge ramp fees". Tag, you're it. Anyway, you were there for it and you know more than me. Either way you think endeavor will still exist in 5 years?(I assume every pilot will have moved on by then)

I'm at virgin with you. Alaska now I guess, im also tomcatter. I'm not sure where you're at with this but im never wearing a tie again, idc what alaskan says. #Notieforever
5 years, yes. 10 years, who knows. I'm out in 3-4 months so won't affect me, but I tell every new hire I work with I can't imagine a better place to be starting off in the regional industry today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

sheesh, no ill will man, I'm glad you got out to where ever you are. I'm assuming the VX/AS/Tomcatter are sarcastic comments, but if not and you are at VX/AS then congrats and I hope you are liking it so far.

200s and other 50-seaters are going to go away everywhere starting next year. Regionals are going to experience a lot of contraction in the next few years and the smaller RJs will be the first to go. Gas prices or no, it is going to come down to butts in the seats and profitability. There just aren't enough new FOs entering the industry to sustain growth or even sustain for attrition as 2017 comes. Endeavor experienced a period of rapid growth by bringing the 200s out of the desert. The growth has ended and any quick upgrades that exist right now will only be temporary. And soon enough you will find it harder and harder to attract new hires. I'm not trying to down on Endeavor specifically... I think growth in 2017 will be a pipe dream for regionals everywhere.

200s and other 50-seaters are going to go away everywhere starting next year. Regionals are going to experience a lot of contraction in the next few years and the smaller RJs will be the first to go. Gas prices or no, it is going to come down to butts in the seats and profitability. There just aren't enough new FOs entering the industry to sustain growth or even sustain for attrition as 2017 comes. Endeavor experienced a period of rapid growth by bringing the 200s out of the desert. The growth has ended and any quick upgrades that exist right now will only be temporary. And soon enough you will find it harder and harder to attract new hires. I'm not trying to down on Endeavor specifically... I think growth in 2017 will be a pipe dream for regionals everywhere.
...temporary upgrades for the next 12 months or a little longer. Might work for some.

And temporarily needing street captains at the end of the year if the interwebs arent lying to me.

And best pay, so even an fo will make 70 or 80.

Street captains could very well be needed soon. That will be temporary though as the junior FOs on property reach 1000 121 time. The only guys holding it now (Mar 2016 hire I believe I saw on the latest vacancy) are return to works that have company and 121 time.

Also depends on how many senior FOs with CJOs bypass upgrade. Many are electing to stay at 18 days off in the right seat until their class date at SJI. With over 200 FOs holding CJOs and guaranteed movement of 16+ month for the next couple of years upgrades will stay junior for quite some time.

Back