Delta hiring slowing?

A pilot at Envoy can be in the flow for AA, and still apply for AA with an outside application and potentially get selected, correct?
Correct. Unless it has changed, Aviate“ at United does not allow you to apply “off the street,” for UA if you are a part of the Aviate program. You have to wait your turn.

Correct. Unless it has changed, Aviate“ at United does not allow you to apply “off the street,” for UA if you are a part of the Aviate program. You have to wait your turn.

When I left C5 last year, you could "opt-in" to Aviate, in which case you had to wait your turn but might flow eventually. But if you didn't opt in you could apply off the street, however I never heard of anyone being hired that way, and the conventional wisdom was that your chances of being hired off the street were practically nil since United of course wouldn't want to poach their own regional feed. There were several different versions of the Aviate program, or CPP as it was called before that, while I was at C5 so for all I know the rules may have changed again. Before 2022 it wasn't a true flow but an opportunity to interview.

When I left C5 last year, you could "opt-in" to Aviate, in which case you had to wait your turn but might flow eventually. But if you didn't opt in you could apply off the street, however I never heard of anyone being hired that way, and the conventional wisdom was that your chances of being hired off the street were practically nil since United of course wouldn't want to poach their own regional feed. There were several different versions of the Aviate program, or CPP as it was called before that, while I was at C5 so for all I know the rules may have changed again. Before 2022 it wasn't a true flow but an opportunity to interview.

Also if you opt in to the Aviate program, you can be removed from it if you call in sick too many times, and I think for other reasons. I don't know if Envoy or the other AA wholly owned regionals have provisos like this with their flow.

Also if you opt in to the Aviate program, you can be removed from it if you call in sick too many times, and I think for other reasons. I don't know if Envoy or the other AA wholly owned regionals have provisos like this with their flow.
They sure do, a buddy of mine got jammed up after contracting mono and being out an extended period of time.

American pioneered the flow through program. Everyone else has just tried to put their own variation or spin on it. At American, it's a true flow through and you are considered an AA pilot from date of hire. Aviate has morphed over the years, take the Hogan, don't take it, interview, don't interview. I'm sure they'll change it at the drop of a hat again. American's though, has always been the same.

American pioneered the flow through program. Everyone else has just tried to put their own variation or spin on it. At American, it's a true flow through and you are considered an AA pilot from date of hire. Aviate has morphed over the years, take the Hogan, don't take it, interview, don't interview. I'm sure they'll change it at the drop of a hat again. American's though, has always been the same.

What is “considered” an AA pilot? You keep beating around the bush with your lies. When does a pilot get an AA seniority number on the AA seniority list?

Envoy is ALPA, AA is APA. Stop lying.

What is “considered” an AA pilot? You keep beating around the bush with your lies. When does a pilot get an AA seniority number on the AA seniority list?

Yeah and American Airlines Group flat out owns Envoy and American Airlines. That's really all that matters here.

Yeah and American Airlines Group flat out owns Envoy and American Airlines. That's really all that matters here.

AMR Corp owned AA and American Eagle. Didn’t mean jack.

What’s your point?

You have misrepresented yourself with your messaging from the beginning.

The ONLY thing that would hold water is if an Envoy pilot starts day 1 at Envoy, in Irvine, with an AA pilot seniority number on this very day 1.

That’s not what happens though. Essentially, it’s no different than any other guaranteed flow up program. You leave Envoy (or the other regionals) when it’s your turn to flow up to mainline, AND, you get your mainline seniority number on day 1 of MAINLINE pilot ground school.

I thought it was common knowledge at this point that horizon isn’t the fastest way to Alaska, envoy isn’t the fastest to American, etc
It is but you know it’s more entertaining to listen to the ww2 vet talk. Or Vietnam vet? Abraham Lincoln remastered? Can’t keep up.

Nope. And I’m not responding to you really. I’m only responding in case neophytes are reading.

All that matters is the seniority list you are currently on. Envoy means absolutely nothing in terms of AA seniority, pay, and benefits. Nothing. The most senior pilot on Envoy’s list will be in the very bottom group of pilots on AA’s list if they move over. There is zero comparison and zero benefits gained by any wholly owned regional pilot.

Nope. And I’m not responding to you really. I’m only responding in case neophytes are reading.

All that matters is the seniority list you are currently on. Envoy means absolutely nothing in terms of AA seniority, pay, and benefits. Nothing. The most senior pilot on Envoy’s list will be in the very bottom group of pilots on AA’s list if they move over. There is zero comparison and zero benefits gained by any wholly owned regional pilot.

I wish I could find it, but there’s a Comair Academy picture back in ~1998-2002 where a pilot candidate had his elbows tucked into his sides, both fists up by his face, with a grimacing smile, and the words, “Being owned by Delta means everything!”

Me? I've never understood the airline game rules. But I do LUV to giggity-giggle at how so many around here claim to DETEST unions, right up to the sand-line of the seniority list.

I wish I could find it, but there’s a Comair Academy picture back in ~1998-2002 where a pilot candidate had his elbows tucked into his sides, both fists up by his face, with a grimacing smile, and the words, “Being owned by Delta means everything!”

I just remember the one guy in the middle who looked like he was going to poop out a pine cone.

Back