A FYI to ERAU Magna Cum Laude grads from a mere mortal

How do you have time for a family with all the posting you do on here and APC. Keeping up on gossip is a full time job!

My posting on APC is fairly minimal.

I’m doing your strategy this month. Bid reserve, sit home all day not getting used for reserve days (feels like a day off to the family as far as they’re concerned, I’m home), then picking up on days off for extra pay.

My posting on APC is fairly minimal.

I’m doing your strategy this month. Bid reserve, sit home all day not getting used for reserve days (feels like a day off to the family as far as they’re concerned, I’m home), then picking up on days off for extra pay.

Is there open time? There is zero open time in SEA unless you want to work on the holiday weekend this month.

There isn’t. Now, the only way to make extra is to either grab from a pilot (hardly any) or take close in trips (eg, tomorrow before it gets assigned to a reserve).

Sounds like you spend a lot of home time worrying and checking on… work.

You should find an easier way to make money.

Mmm hmmm.

You're like a flying Jamaican. You're doing the job of two people. Maybe three. Take some time off, sp;end some money and let that phone ring instead.
F106AE9B-8394-4B20-9306-0CF3E50A2FDA_4_5005_c.jpeg

Mmm hmmm.

You're like a flying Jamaican. You're doing the job of two people. Maybe three. Take some time off, sp;end some money and let that phone ring instead.

Not really. As I was saying, I work the system. My credit is not equal to my block (obviously).

I’m not doing this by being down to 6-7 days off per month. There is one CA here that does. I saw his numbers, he pulled 650k last year. I don’t do that because that would kill family time. But I can still pull off what I do with about 14-15 days off, and as stated most nearly all the trips are day trips or 2-days. The family sees me everyday.

Not really. As I was saying, I work the system. My credit is not equal to my block (obviously).

I’m not doing this by being down to 6-7 days off per month. There is one CA here that does. I saw his numbers, he pulled 650k last year. I don’t do that because that would kill family time. But I can still pull off what I do with about 14-15 days off, and as stated most nearly all the trips are day trips or 2-days. The family sees me everyday.

Having a family is a choice, in the same way commuting is a choice. Get to work! 😂

Back