A FYI to ERAU Magna Cum Laude grads from a mere mortal

Seggy

A FYI to ERAU Magna Cum Laude grads from me, a mere mortal.

On some 737s the flaps may be notched so while it appears a piece may be missing, it is an engineering motification approved by the FAA.

3A3A9C52-9AB0-438C-B332-D39E5FDE98F8.jpeg

I thought everyone knew this after the infamous “we know about this” incident a few years back

The business card is a little ‘sus’ and resembles a little ‘fun with the Harper Engraving Order Form’

I remember actually doing this mod together with a few others to the 737 Classic at the boneyard in Boeing's Seal Beach offices. Every year they had mechanics come in and lead hands-on workshops on common SRM repairs with the engineers. It was a lot of fun. IIRC it was to address fatigue cracking that would happen at the tip of that panel but it's been a few years I might be confusing it with something else.

I remember actually doing this mod together with a few others to the 737 Classic at the boneyard in Boeing's Seal Beach offices. Every year they had mechanics come in and lead hands-on workshops on common SRM repairs with the engineers. It was a lot of fun. IIRC it was to address fatigue cracking that would happen at the tip of that panel but it's been a few years I might be confusing it with something else.

You are correct, it is to mitigate fatigue cracking…

The business card is a little ‘sus’ and resembles a little ‘fun with the Harper Engraving Order Form’
Do yall issue business cards? If not, the person who writes a note like this (+5 knots) is also the person who makes their own business card with their ERAU bonafides displayed.

Do yall issue business cards? If not, the person who writes a note like this (+5 knots) is also the person who makes their own business card with their ERAU bonafides displayed.
We do and they look like the one posted on the meme page, but they normally just say "Captain", the aircraft type, base, and any other company titles like LCA or Chief Pilot. He either asked to add the extra stuff or made them himself.

I understand the mechanics of why for this circumcision.

But how many other Part 25 aircraft have this shark bite in their SRM? Or is this another “~just 737 things~”?

I'd like to know more of their engineering background to understand why they think +5 knots is the necessary solution. Did they write the CDL manual and know that is part of the compliance procedure?

Also, they'd flip their lid if they knew what happens under a ferry permit or in the experimental world.

Back