20 years

22 years and change since my 1st flight... 9800. I'll probably hit 10k right around the end of the year as I'm (probably) gonna fly over my vacation this year for the extra cash. Since we have no plans to go anywhere and my juniority in my senior base and my vacation schedule never mesh with school schedules...

As soon as I approach the 10K I have to start bothering the folks at Coradine. I need my logbook to be able to print with an expanding 'comment' field as I take a bunch of notes occasionally and I wanted to get a single professional print of my hours - with a bunch of random pictures that I took along the way thrown in. PDF's into color books are pretty cheap these days. None of the options will let the comment field expand with the text.

Anyhoo, it's golf. The lowest score wins. If I can spend the rest of my career staying proficient on RSV (less than say 500 block/year) I'll be happy.

22 years and change since my 1st flight... 9800. I'll probably hit 10k right around the end of the year as I'm (probably) gonna fly over my vacation this year for the extra cash. Since we have no plans to go anywhere and my juniority in my senior base and my vacation schedule never mesh with school schedules...

As soon as I approach the 10K I have to start bothering the folks at Coradine. I need my logbook to be able to print with an expanding 'comment' field as I take a bunch of notes occasionally and I wanted to get a single professional print of my hours - with a bunch of random pictures that I took along the way thrown in. PDF's into color books are pretty cheap these days. None of the options will let the comment field expand with the text.

Anyhoo, it's golf. The lowest score wins. If I can spend the rest of my career staying proficient on RSV (less than say 500 block/year) I'll be happy.
:-D

I first soloed in 1994. Didn't start professional flying (part time) until somewhere around 2003. Went full time a year or two later. Total time at retirement is less than 7,000 hours in over 29 years. (Granted, I spent quite a few years doing Chief Pilot and then Director of Ops stuff, and was flying about 1/3 to 1/4 of what the line pilots were...) Do I win? :)

I guess I just meant it might be different other places too. Maybe not though. I never flew pipeline or CFI, or any of the other unique corners of civil aviation. It is wild though, I flew more in my first 3 months on the line of our virtual airline than I did in 3 years in the reserves in my other plane (and probably almost twice as much as I flew in most non-deployed years of my active duty time). Those 121 hours stack up fast. Especially when El Capitan releases the brakes at the first opportunity to stack the cheddar. Speaking of brake usage :)
Heck no!

That CP an DO hoopla is way more work (and never ending) than any flying lol

20 years for me will be December ...actually found the video (yes VHS) from my first plane ride in 1991, the pilot was a friend of my Dad's who is still a DPE today

last checked I'm hovering around 9000 hours...got my drone license a few months ago (because why not) and planning on my Glider rating next summer.

20 years for me will be December ...actually found the video (yes VHS) from my first plane ride in 1991, the pilot was a friend of my Dad's who is still a DPE today

last checked I'm hovering around 9000 hours...got my drone license a few months ago (because why not) and planning on my Glider rating next summer.
How many checkrides for that DPE… $$$$$$$$

Soloed 45 years ago. First Corporate job 40 years ago. I did take a 5 year hiatus from flying from 1988 to 2003. Around 10,000 hours TT. I grew up around flying, Dad flew for Continental Air Lines and his best friend flew corporate. I liked what "Uncle Ray" did better.

:-D

I first soloed in 1994. Didn't start professional flying (part time) until somewhere around 2003. Went full time a year or two later. Total time at retirement is less than 7,000 hours in over 29 years. (Granted, I spent quite a few years doing Chief Pilot and then Director of Ops stuff, and was flying about 1/3 to 1/4 of what the line pilots were...) Do I win? :)
After reading your post I realized I did my first solo 30 years ago. My first paying gig was in 2004. Not sure how many hours I have right now. I'm way behind on my log book.

Back