Room Rates....2010

JEP

Does It Really Matter....?
Staff member
Yes, I know it's early, but I recevied an email for the MGM for the scheduled weekend.

10/17 from $55/night
10/18 from $83/night
10/19 from $83/night
10/20 from $83/night

get on the email listings people....just got another for Excalibur:

$35-$57 per night 10/17-10/21....

MGM was cool but after discovering Planet Hollywood gives you a bottle of alcohol a day I think they win other than a hotel offering free nights. Waiting for rate deals from PH.

Chips to the center.....I'm looking for a roommate......vegas, let's do it up right. I do like the free bottle idea, but not opposed to anything else.

We are working on getting room rates again this year with our meeting space...so stay tuned, be aware that the room rates we get will be different from what you'll get from any website or travel site as rooms that are assigned with meeting space in most locations are higher end than regular rack rates.

if you do get a room before we get booked with our space, keep your confirmation number so you can cancel and use our rates and location. :)

just an FYI....

Depending on if I can get the dates off, I might be in the market for a roommate. Probably be flying solo if I make it. Just easier to FedEx myself out there.

Pretty sure I will make it this year. No NBAA for me.

I'm a big fan of the MGM, (really just a big fan of vegas in general)...keep us posted.

Pretty sure I have a roomie as well.

we don't have accomodations just yet...so hold yer horses! we'll get something for ya this year

Here's the deal with the hotels.

We have strength in numbers for a variety of reasons:

a. We can lock in an attractive rates.

b. With enough people taking advantage of the block rate, prices for things like meeting space and hospitality suites for our attendees are greatly reduced or with enough numbers, potentially disappear altogether.

c. The same room you get on Priceline or Orbitz, most of the time, is not the same room you'll get with the block. Convention traffic is Vegas's bread and butter and the best packages are reserved for convention/meeting blocks. Strength and perks for the group come in numbers. We're talking shows, VIP club entries, greatly reduced entertainment and dining rates, perks the whole nine to the people in the group not necessarily attendees that aren't part of the group.

d. If we can keep everyone under the same roof, there are a lot more things that the event planners and the LVCVA can do for us like welcome packages, group activities, etc.

Hang tight - We're going to be putting out RFP's for blocks and space requirements to a number of hotels that we've previewed last week and I'm also negotiating with a number of 'other entities' to make it a more robust, exciting event that you will not want to miss.

You don't want to the guy that found a $40 at Binions when you're going to need a $35 cab to get to where the events are.

Planning is starting (for us) early this year so we can have event wrapped up, schedules complete and the event solidified as quickly as possible in order for as many people to be able to plan for it as possible. The earlier we get the skeleton of the event built and have enough people showing interest is that much more leverage our group will have.

More numbers = more leverage = more benefits and a lower cost, which is what I didn't fully grasp in previous years so NetworkJC has always been a bloody melee attack financially for me.

Yes, I know it's early, but I recevied an email for the MGM for the scheduled weekend.

Certainly not early, but I strongly recommend not booking a hotel until the RFP's come back.

Finally learning all the union negotiating committee tactics, are we Doug?

Leverage, working as a group, intangible benefits, yada yada yada.....

Certainly not early, but I strongly recommend not booking a hotel until the RFP's come back.

I have no plans on booking anytime soon. I was just putting em out there as people in the past made good use of the rates...I won't put anything else out until long after you get the rfp's back.

Back