EWR to PHL

I just don’t know how they’re going cut the hourly rate by 2/3’s in the middle of the summer and think United is ok with it. Or for that matter how they think the EWR area will have more staffing 2 years from now then it does now
I was thinking this whole thing sounds like a scene where Scott Kirby gripes about ATC one too many times and somewhere a finger on a disembodied monkey’s paw curls-up.

Northwest Jersey is the best Jersey. We’ve looked in Jersey on Zillow but im hoping to get away from $10k+ property taxes. Plus any place we’ve found we liked the schools suck.

Yes and plus some.

Yeah 60+% of my property taxes in my town in Union County go to our schools. So if you have/want kids in a good school district, it’s worth the money over private school tuition which is 2x/3x that all around the country.

Yeah 60+% of my property taxes in my town in Union County go to our schools. So if you have/want kids in a good school district, it’s worth the money over private school tuition which is 2x/3x that all around the country.

High property taxes are one thing with a 3% interest rate. Stacked with a 6+% and highest home prices ever it gets a little out of hand

High property taxes are one thing with a 3% interest rate. Stacked with a 6+% and highest home prices ever it gets a little out of hand

Agreed. The market is wild right now, more so even than when I bought back in 2021. The buying power is half of what it was

You can get a ton for your money in the northern DE towns like Middletown. And the taxes are super cheap too.

Affordable housing in Middletown has disappeared and the taxes are starting to hurt too. A cookie cutter 4 bedroom house on half an acre is $800k+.

But if you’re good at landscaping I can give you the part time work Coleman was talking about.

Alex.

This bubble gonna burst, though the real estate agent and media mafia doesn't want you to believe it "oh this is completely different than 2008"........yeah, it for sure is, but that doesn't mean it is sustainable. There will be an economic downturn when they fail to achieve the "soft landing" from inflationary forces, and a lot of people will be out of work with really overvalued mortgages that they can no longer pay. None of that requires subprime mortgages, it just means that ordinary people who purchased at the limits of their means are going to be unpaid and subsequently underwater. It might not be the fire sale of 2008, but it will be an opportunity for those who lived within their means.

Yikes! I've heard this has been on the radar for some time but what exactly is the reasoning for the move to PHL?

Also, I'm biased but south jersey is far and away better than north jersey. Lower taxes, more property for the price, more land, less traffic (for the most part at least), and better beaches. You can live in the middle-of-nowhere with a ton of land or a typical suburban town and still be an easy 20-30 minutes from the airport. Feel free to PM me if you need any recommendations on good areas to look at.

This. I'm in Cherry Hill and can help out if needed.

i’ll admit it was pork roll to me up until about age 16, after learning Taylor Ham existed since we only ever had the Shoprite Tangy Pork Roll growing up

This bubble gonna burst, though the real estate agent and media mafia doesn't want you to believe it "oh this is completely different than 2008"........yeah, it for sure is, but that doesn't mean it is sustainable. There will be an economic downturn when they fail to achieve the "soft landing" from inflationary forces, and a lot of people will be out of work with really overvalued mortgages that they can no longer pay. None of that requires subprime mortgages, it just means that ordinary people who purchased at the limits of their means are going to be unpaid and subsequently underwater. It might not be the fire sale of 2008, but it will be an opportunity for those who lived within their means.
K

This bubble gonna burst

I don't have a dog in this fight (well, no more than any other homeowner), but I'm not seeing it. There's are restrictions (some rational, others...uh, less-so) on supply, and the Boomers have an insane amount of generational wealth tied up in their various real-estate endeavors. They (and let's just draw the Curtain of Charity across how this happened) generally don't *have* to sell. They might like to (at the current, admittedly kind of crazy values), but they don't have any burning need. Whereas Gens X, M, and Z do need homes. And when you *need* the home, you're going to pay what's necessary to get it.

I think the boom is over, but a crater? I can't see how that occurs. And I've never been wrong about anything, ever.

Back