ZFW hopefuls

esw2005

Hey everyone,

I just got off the phone with RA. He said as of right now he has the academy class schedule through April. There are basics classes scheduled for ZFW in early November and sometime in February. He can only have six ZFW trainees in each basic class. He is guessing that there will probably be a class in May, two in June and one in August.

I also asked him about the background check process and receiving a FOL.
He said that in the past there have been some applicants who have never received any reference letters. The OPM office analyzes the information you provide and if nothing pops up as negative, then it is a possible that they might not contact your references. He said he sends out FOL based on who received their TOL first. He sends out emails or calls and keeps on calling until he has filled the maximum of six slots. Hope this makes sense, I am in a hurry!!!!!!

wow, only 6 per class? That doesn't seem like many, especially since there are so many people just on here, let alone the rest of the world. I could deal with a Feb class date, I don't know if I want to wait much longer than that though.

wow, only 6 per class? That doesn't seem like many, especially since there are so many people just on here, let alone the rest of the world. I could deal with a Feb class date, I don't know if I want to wait much longer than that though.

OH YA'LL ARE GOIN' DOWN!! What's the # to the OPM office, I have an anonymous tip I want to pass along! :D

OH ####, I just realized, I am the last ZFW to get my TOL... well hell!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that RA said he might start looking at ZFW applicants starting next week or the next. FYI, he has an intern named Mrs. Rivers. RA is the rep for the following centers: Minneapolis (ZMP), Chicago (ZAU), Kansas City (ZKC), Fort Worth (ZFW), Houston (ZHU), Cleveand (ZOB), Indianapolis (ZID)s (ZMP), Chicago (ZAU), Kansas City (ZKC), Fort Worth (ZFW), Houston (ZHU), Cleveland (ZOB), Indianapolis (ZID)

ESW... what the hell is that in your Avatar?

You know I could ask you the same thing??.....except for that fact that it says ZFW and I have seen the street view before on google. I have looked all over the internet for a front view picture of ZFW with no luck.

Have either of yo ubeen on a tour yet?

Hell no. I've been trying to go through a NATCA rep for two months and by the time I get a reply it's past the date we were supposed to do the tour. I sent a 2nd request a week ago for tomorrow after I got a response asking for another time I was available and haven't heard anything back again.

I need to figure out an alternate option... I guess I'll have to go through management to make it happen, but have no contact info.

I remembering calling the watch desk, but quickly got transfered. Its a little easier for me I'm a pilot, so they asked me about as many questions as I asked them. Great learning experience, it's dark, they always call themselves "Moles" over the radio. Its funny, today I had one controller yan and hit the foot mic key. So after that I just started talking about nothing important and at the end asked if he was awake yet. He laughed about it.

I will call my parents friend who works a ZFW and she if she has any suggestions. I will call or email her this upcoming week.

Was bored so I just drove over to ZFW to see how easy it was to get to and how long it takes. They were right when they say all those buildings are pretty old and run down looking.

It's exactly 30 miles from my home. Going there it took 47 minutes. However, on my way home I guess they decided to finally started opening up 121 (WOOHOO!!!) and it took me 35 minutes. I think if I would have waited another 30 minutes they would have had it open all the way, it looked like they were doing one on ramp at a time and I just happened upon one they were removing the cones from so I hopped on. I'd guesstimate it'll probably take me 26-30 minutes :).

Was bored so I just drove over to ZFW to see how easy it was to get to and how long it takes. They were right when they say all those buildings are pretty old and run down looking.

It's exactly 30 miles from my home. Going there it took 47 minutes. However, on my way home I guess they decided to finally started opening up 121 (WOOHOO!!!) and it took me 35 minutes. I think if I would have waited another 30 minutes they would have had it open all the way, it looked like they were doing one on ramp at a time and I just happened upon one they were removing the cones from so I hopped on. I'd guesstimate it'll probably take me 26-30 minutes :).

It will be so nice when they finish 121 going through McKinney and 161 going through Irving and Grand Prairie. How is traffic going west towards ZFW during rush hour. It should be a pretty easy drive going South on 360.

I am screwed if I have to drive during rush hour traffic. I only live 13.5 miles from ZFW but I am sure it will take 45 mintues to get there. Hypothetically if I have to be at work at say 8:00 and leave the house at 7:00 AM it will take me 45 minutes to arrive at ZFW. For it to only take an average of 15 mintues, I would have to leave at 5:45 AM to miss traffic.:banghead:

It will be so nice when they finish 121 going through McKinney and 161 going through Irving and Grand Prairie. How is traffic going west towards ZFW during rush hour. It should be a pretty easy drive going South on 360.

I am screwed if I have to drive during rush hour traffic. I only live 13.5 miles from ZFW but I am sure it will take 45 mintues to get there. Hypothetically if I have to be at work at say 8:00 and leave the house at 7:00 AM it will take me 45 minutes to arrive at ZFW. For it to only take an average of 15 mintues, I would have to leave at 5:45 AM to miss traffic.:banghead:

I used to live at Collins & 20 and used to fly weekly usually morning flights on Mondays... can we sell HELL. I finally started hiring sedans to take me back and forth, couldn't deal with 360 AT ALL! Although when I moved to Frisco and was still flying contantly, 121 was no better with all the damn lights (although that's changed now that the toll is open :D).

I didn't take 360 at all today. I got on 121 at Preston (service road, the toll wasn't open yet) took it all the way to DFW, took the toll through DFW (I didn't realize it was like 6 miles through DFW), took the 360 S exit and on the on ramp for 360 is the exit for FAA Blvd, so didn't have to touch 360.

The only issue I am going to have is once you hit grapevine the 121 toll ends and they are building the extension right now so the construction traffic is going to be a nightmare... I was even getting confused today with all the new lanes, left turns only, in the const. area.

Back