Zero to solo in 10 days (hopefully)

Thunder-Robo

July 24th - my story HERE

July 26th - Fam Flight

July 27th=Aug 4th - Lots of flying

Tomorrow? - FIRST SOLO!! (if weather holds up)

:nana2::nana2:

I'm at 16.2 hours of dual time as of today and my instructor said i could i could do my solo tomorrow if the weather looks good, i'm pumped!!

I would like to take the chance to thank everyone here on JC for their help and input to my questions :hiya: and my awesome instructor (if he's on here) for his awesome ability to teach :D

I'll let everyone know how it goes :D

Thats a lot of flying in just 10 days. Good for you. I think soloing has been the most memorable moment in my flight training so far, and I'm sure it will be a blast for you. Good luck!

I went from 0 to 10.2 hours, which Is when I soloed, in 12 days. Had to get it done just before I started school. Good luck:)

AWESOME! remember all the things you've been taught and ENJOY! It will be one of the most memorable moment of your life!

I don't think zero to solo in ten days is a lot of flying. If a guy solo's in 20 hours, that's only 2 hours a day. One 2 hour flight a day. I guess it depends on where you are, but I think it wouldn't be hard to solo a guy in 20 hours in a Cessna 150 at a low volume uncontrolled airport.

Thanks guys, but i didn't get to solo today.

Weather was a major let down today with thunderstorms moving in sooner then expected... 10kt cross winds on our only runway (27 or 09). So in the end, i didn't get to do my solo, or fly at all for that matter.

There's always tomorrow.

I don't think zero to solo in ten days is a lot of flying. If a guy solo's in 20 hours, that's only 2 hours a day. One 2 hour flight a day. I guess it depends on where you are, but I think it wouldn't be hard to solo a guy in 20 hours in a Cessna 150 at a low volume uncontrolled airport.

Agreed, its not alot of flying. I have solo'd guys in a week and a half. Some guys pick up flying real quick.

Good luck on the solo!

well did you solo yet? let us know. i need something to do. im getting pretty tired of studying the oral exam guide. hope all went well.

Back