You might be a freight dog if...

from flightinfo.com
[ QUOTE ]
During an approaching hurricane, every controller along your way to Miami notifies you that you are their only southbound traffic

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that one
cool.gif

Well Im not a freight dog yet but I think this may be an urban freight dog myth.....

Once overheard a pilot explaining how he gets his sleep after getting a direct clearance for a very long leg. Autopilot on, alarm set, climb in back with pillow and freight.

[ QUOTE ]
Once overheard a pilot explaining how he gets his sleep after getting a direct clearance for a very long leg. Autopilot on, alarm set, climb in back with pillow and freight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might be the same guy my human factor's book talks about. Aparently, there was a CHIRPs (British version of NASA reports) written about a guy who would use a kitchen timer to wake him up for ATC reports and navigation fixes.

[ QUOTE ]
Well Im not a freight dog yet but I think this may be an urban freight dog myth.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I AM a freight dog and I am ashamedly confused!! You speak using an language unfamilar to me, this word a-u-t-o-p-i-l-o-t. Could you explain what you mean by autpilot for me please
smile.gif
:):)

you might be a fr8t dog if:

You cant remember the name of the last girl you have had a relationship with. or what she looks like

when a girl asks what airline you work for you change the subject

you have considered messing arroud with the "big girl" at the fbo, and you know a few co-workers who already have

you still use the same lunch cooler that you "really had to go" in

you havent showered in a week, and no one cares

you know how far the waffle house is from 15 different airports.

you know every one who works in each of those waffle houses by first and last name, how many kids they have, and the name of their illigitmant fathers

all of those waffle house people make more money then you

a cig and coffe is lunch

you slid off the road on the way to work, twice, and still took off

after leaving work you hit another car in the parking lot because you forgot you cant drive IFR

the car you drive has as many paint schemes as the planes you fly

every plane you fly is older then you are

you will never see any of this "glass panel" stuff

the avionics stack has one radio with orange lights, one with green, and a few others that dont light up at all

you have tried to figure out if you could hook up your portable dvd player to the radar scope

when you go out on the weekends you show up at the bar when everyone else is leaving
-you keep drinking anyway

you take your head phones off to put your mp3 player on - missed radio calls switched to the next controller checked in then said "sorry radio problems"

You have asked and recieved direct routing using your hand held GPS

you have taped up bags in the cockpit behind the seats to keep the heat up front

you know where every circut breaker is, but you cannot find the radio master swich

atc doesnt ask "can you take a..."

You know every controllers name on the route you fly, which frequency, their weekly schedule, and ask if they are sick when they are not there.

when asked "do you have your outbound clearance" you respond with "same as last night?" ... usually the conversation ends

you laugh when you hear an airliner report turb 4 miles away

you check on to certian frequencys with your re-rout before the controller talks

you see flashes in the clouds ahead, and dont deviate cause you want to check to make sure its lightning

you have heard thunder over the engines

you have had to wait for someone to beat the ice off your door before you can get out

you have intercepted the ils inside the marker still in IFR, but called the visual 4 miles ago cause you coud see the ground below you

your flight bag includes - 8 year old david clarks - necessary paper work and charts - one laptop - 4 dvd's - one mp3 player - hand held gps- hand held trancever with LOC capibility - one disposable camera - two sets of head phones for the mp3 incase one fails - one playboy - two cokes - 4 granola bars - two paks of cigs - 3 lighters (just in case) - 2 sick sacks (for #2) - empty wide mouth gatoraid bottle - all of your mail from the last two weeks - power cords for everything in your flight bag - one condom (just in case) - and a sandwich you made last week

summer time atire - cutoffs, flip flops, 12 year old t-shirt with holes in it
winter time atire - snow boots, ski pants, parka, gloves, hat, googles, ski mask, and one blanket for in flight

you have taken a sleeping bag with you because no one is at the fbo when you get there

you have made instant coffie with a tin cup, your 3 lighters and melted snow

you have made holes in the roof of your interior with head while being blinded in a level 4 t-storms

you get excited when there is a gps in the plane cause you have something to occupy your time with

you have tried to fly with your foot while your seat is in the recline position - and some have mastered it

You have exited the plane and relieved yourself off the back of the wing cause you had to go so bad

turbulence has woken you up

and last but not least
Your board with your new, non fr8t, flying job

You take off, request direct, set the auto pilot, set the radio to ATIS for your destination, turn up the volume and go to sleep. The plan is, the ATIS will wake you up in time for landing!

Back