You know it's going to be a bad trip when...

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Everyone that asks the customary "Where ya headed?" when you see them in the lounge consistently answers, "Why? How in the hell did you get that?" or "...and you didn't call in sick!?"

Greeeeeeeeeat.

yea man where you headed. you probabl should have called in sick. thats what awes people do when they dont want a trip. or so i have heard. :) make the best of it. dude at least you get to leave this country for a bit.

Georgetown, Guyana.

I hear the kool aid is great!

are you kidding me man? i owuld love to go there. you are going to africa! one of the best places on earth! i truely love that continent.

Rigggghhhhhtttt. You are going to Guyana for work. Sure.

You are really going down to scope out nice jungle areas for your JC cult - we are on to you. Can't fool us at all.

I'll bite and prolong the thread.

You know it's going to be a bad trip when...

You recognize one of the Flight Attendants from the Elevator at your Crash Pad.

When you walk into your crew room on the beginning of a 4-day and your Kapt. is a grumpy old man, and your stewie is a grumpy old man too...

P.S Guyana still better then Middle of nowhere, SC

...when you get picked up to go to your flight, and there's a new flight attendant. "Where's the lead flight attendant" you ask. "She turned this trip down...something about not liking the way the copilot you're about to fly with flies." Oh yeah, by the way, he's very old.

I'll have to tell more of that story over lots of BEvERages!!! And save some for the book, of course!

Ok, this is hilarious.

First we had the President of Guyana on the aircraft (He ain't got no Guyana Force One?!), one of the crewmembers wanted to debate politics, religion and bragged about getting written up for both, a mechanical problem, weather below minimums (Hey! I got a chance to see Barbados for about an hour), shooting an ILS to a diversionary airport when the ILS was OTS, a fuel leak which really wasn't a fuel leak, a freaking "We're at 350, HE's at 350 head on near miss", a wacky raw data, no DME teardrop PT to a VOR approach and a near riot onboard when they deplaned the President first before everyone else.

Oh, and lots of hand-pulled carts, horses and cows on all of the streets which made that hourlong ride to the hotel even cheerier.

Ok, I've learned my lesson. I'm going to bed!

Back