You know it's going to be a bad trip when...

Ok, this is hilarious.

First we had the President of Guyana on the aircraft (He ain't got no Guyana Force One?!), one of the crewmembers wanted to debate politics, religion and bragged about getting written up for both, a mechanical problem, weather below minimums (Hey! I got a chance to see Barbados for about an hour), shooting an ILS to a diversionary airport when the ILS was OTS, a fuel leak which really wasn't a fuel leak, a freaking "We're at 350, HE's at 350 head on near miss", a wacky raw data, no DME teardrop PT to a VOR approach and a near riot onboard when they deplaned the President first before everyone else.

Oh, and lots of hand-pulled carts, horses and cows on all of the streets which made that hourlong ride to the hotel even cheerier.

Ok, I've learned my lesson. I'm going to bed!

How has this pilot managed to keep his job?

Let me guess, the union. If that's the case it's pretty sad. Listen I know unions can help but why keep bad apples around.

:laff: That sounds like a place were you DON'T drink the water and people just randomly disappear into the jungle, never to be heard from again. I think we need pics from that trip.

Yeah SpiraM, GCC is a good place to update the logbook, work on bids, and basically not do much of anything. Got 3 more of them this month. Rats!

I'd like to go to Guyana..Sounds better than probably 1/3 of the destinations I go to. Sorry but these overnights where it's either the hotel restaurant, or TGI Mc Funsters are unbearable. Some of these places are so generic....a sea of Best Buys, Wal-Mart and Olive Gardens...Oh well..it is what it is.

I'd like to go to Guyana..Sounds better than probably 1/3 of the destinations I go to. Sorry but these overnights where it's either the hotel restaurant, or TGI Mc Funsters are unbearable. Some of these places are so generic....a sea of Best Buys, Wal-Mart and Olive Gardens...Oh well..it is what it is.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Hey, say what you want about the generic restaurants that dot most of the regional world's overnights, but at least we know what we're eating!
As you can tell, I'm not very adventurous.

Hey, say what you want about the generic restaurants that dot most of the regional world's overnights, but at least we know what we're eating!

That's too bad. I'd say you're probably worse off long term by eating at these restaurants and their salty, fat filled, high caloric meals than eating in a place like Guyana where the food is probably fresher and less processed.

You need to look no further than inside your cockpits to see the results of TGI-McFunsters. Lots of overweight 20 and 30 year olds.

And by the way, I eat and drink just about anything down in all our Mexico overnights including street taco vendors. It's too bad too many are scared and head to the closest Friday's..But that's what you get in our chicken nugget and bottled water or coke society.

My point was at least I KNOW what kind of animal I'm eating when I go to one of those restaurants. You don't have to eat unhealthy there, in my opinion. I usually eat chicken and/or pasta when I'm out and not a greasy cheeseburger. BTW, I've never eaten a fast food burger in my entire life. Bleccch. Not a coke person either. I'm more of a flavored seltzer or unsweetened iced tea type of girl. Not that I'm some sort of health food freak, it's just my preference. I do happen to agree with you, though. The nation started getting obese soon after the fast-food craze burst on the scene. Overweight children were pretty uncommon when I was growing up, not like today, sadly.

You know what, it's a very nice layover hotel and I've made peace with it. Drinking "passable" Guyanese beer by the pool and they have a freaking KILLER BBQ buffet. Carnivores delight with BBQ pork ribs, steaks, Brazilian sausage, chicken, salads, "other" and a wide variety of sauces and such.

Freaking amazing.

And it's about 85 and a little balmy so it's like Florida.

Nice way to smooth over the hassles that I had to deal with today.

That's too bad. I'd say you're probably worse off long term by eating at these restaurants and their salty, fat filled, high caloric meals than eating in a place like Guyana where the food is probably fresher and less processed.

You need to look no further than inside your cockpits to see the results of TGI-McFunsters. Lots of overweight 20 and 30 year olds.

And by the way, I eat and drink just about anything down in all our Mexico overnights including street taco vendors. It's too bad too many are scared and head to the closest Friday's..But that's what you get in our chicken nugget and bottled water or coke society.

You sound like one of those guys who likes to lecture about food the whole time theyre flying and why your so much better off b/c you eat at El Taco Rico. Congrats on what you eat!!

Ok, this is hilarious.

First we had the President of Guyana on the aircraft (He ain't got no Guyana Force One?!), one of the crewmembers wanted to debate politics, religion and bragged about getting written up for both, a mechanical problem, weather below minimums (Hey! I got a chance to see Barbados for about an hour), shooting an ILS to a diversionary airport when the ILS was OTS, a fuel leak which really wasn't a fuel leak, a freaking "We're at 350, HE's at 350 head on near miss", a wacky raw data, no DME teardrop PT to a VOR approach and a near riot onboard when they deplaned the President first before everyone else.

Oh, and lots of hand-pulled carts, horses and cows on all of the streets which made that hourlong ride to the hotel even cheerier.

Sounds a lot like Gulfport!

Ok, this is hilarious.

And this is why I have no desire to ever fly international. Thanks for the reminder, Dough. :)

How has this pilot managed to keep his job?

Let me guess, the union. If that's the case it's pretty sad. Listen I know unions can help but why keep bad apples around.

Why should he lose his job? Just for talking politics and religion? Are you kidding me? :rolleyes:

:yeahthat:

You sound like one of those guys who likes to lecture about food the whole time theyre flying and why your so much better off b/c you eat at El Taco Rico. Congrats on what you eat!!

Even better is when they start talking about other "health nut" things. I had one guy go off on a ten minute lecture about the evils of antiperspirant. When he started into the whole "Splenda is from the devil" routine, that's when I pulled out the USA Today. :)

Trust me, flying from the US to western Europe is much more civilized than flying between most domestic city pairs! Especially operationally.

Haha, Guyana is in S. America, guys. Actually...we have a JC member from there. I should point him to this thread. :D

By all means, do so!

It actually turned out to be a fun layover after I tuned out the Negative Nancys.

No..just sick of people thinking that Friday's is the best thing going when they've really never tried anything else. Or the first thing that comes to mind when in Mexico is not drinking the water. Scared 'merican mentality thinking that everything we touch is safe and good here.

I apologize for my post..I guess you really dig TGI McFunsters...Can I suggest the Bloomin Onion, I hear they really eat that in the Outback of Australia!

Ok, this is hilarious.

I never thought I would see the small inconsequential country that I lived on make it on JC. Its actually interesting how the president flies commercial, and I could see everyone getting pissed off at the fact he got off first. Guyanese tend to be impatient. Where did they put you guys up at, Le Meridian? I guess you have tried Banks Beer already. How was dealing with the different take on the English language, ha ha "Eh mon...come ova heh fuh dah best deal on banana"

and I could see everyone getting pissed off at the fact he got off first. Guyanese tend to be impatient.

Makes sense. That's the place where a passenger blew the 1L slide to get off the plane, because he felt that people were taking too long in getting off.

Back