WTF: This is why we can’t have nice things or Apache’s

Huh. I don't think I could have designed a more-perfect scenario to test the boundaries of "CWOs are untouchable wizards" than a Colonel wrecking a helicopter on their orientation flight.

Huh. I don't think I could have designed a more-perfect scenario to test the boundaries of "CWOs are untouchable wizards" than a Colonel wrecking a helicopter on their orientation flight.

I mean, he was a fixed wing, 5th gen dude. Not a whole lot of overlap. I'm surprised he even got airborne. What the F went wrong in their vetting process to let this ready-made disaster happen? Let's just say that if @Lawman offered to let me fly his bird, I'd request to shoot the gun instead. I think I could probably manage that at least.

I mean, he was a fixed wing, 5th gen dude. Not a whole lot of overlap. I'm surprised he even got airborne. What the F went wrong in their vetting process to let this ready-made disaster happen? Let's just say that if @Lawman offered to let me fly his bird, I'd request to shoot the gun instead. I think I could probably manage that at least.

Shooting the gun would be cool AF

Orientation flights with unqualified people in the other seat aren't uncommon. The checks and balances are usually selecting an experienced Standardization Pilot who you’d trust flying single pilot as the one conducting the orientation. You generally don’t let the guest takeoff, hover or land. No idea why this pilot thought that would be a good idea.

The Apache basically hovers itself; one has to screw something up pretty good in hovering flight to put an AFCS equipped bird into the ground. These helos don’t remotely require the extensive amount of hands/feet skills that something like an AS350, EC120 or Hughes 500 series requires.

Little known fact….

The M230E1 can be fired with an erection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Apache basically hovers itself; one has to screw something up pretty good in hovering flight to put an AFCS equipped bird into the ground. These helos don’t remotely require the extensive amount of hands/feet skills that something like an AS350, EC120 or Hughes 500 series requires.

I mean I assumed it was like our -60's as you say, but wasn't sure. Either way, it's hand movements that don't make sense to me. I tried it on that one helo arcade game back in the day, think it might have been a cobra, and certainly realistic of course :) . I died immediately. Knew I didn't want helos when I grew up after that. You guys are crazy

I mean I assumed it was like our -60's as you say, but wasn't sure. Either way, it's hand movements that don't make sense to me. I tried it on that one helo arcade game back in the day, think it might have been a cobra, and certainly realistic of course :) . I died immediately. Knew I didn't want helos when I grew up after that. You guys are crazy

I’m not going to kink shame. I really don’t care what a loving couple and their bull do behind closed doors.

That said, I can’t think of anything more humiliating than playing the cuckold role.

I held this view for the first half of my life. This was to change. Spoiler alert, a bull wasn’t invited into our home to please my girlfriend in ways that I could not.

Where did I find humiliation that’s unlikely to be equaled? Two hours of helicopter instruction, a gift from my girlfriend.

I heard it here, someone called the “reading chair” in hotel rooms the “cuck chair” and now I just can’t unsee/picture someone in it every time I walk in to a new room.
If you’ve had enough checkrides, you’re not going to care if somebody is in the chair.

Back