WTF Mate?

frog_flyer

FredFlyer
Examiner called today, and said my Multi checkride is canceled tomorrow because the FAA network/site/something will be down for mx.

I can't fly a plane because some computer is down? Please explain?

Examiner called today, and said my Multi checkride is canceled tomorrow because the FAA network/site/something will be down for mx.

IACRA, he cannot process the application without it.

Read that as he cannot print you a temporary.

Hell, one of my temporaries was hand-written.

Guess some DPEs just don't like working without IACRA.

My temps have been a various of all three.

Hand written, Typed, and IACRA. Actually, my PPL was the only one with IACRA. IA was hand written, CSEL/CMEL was hand written, MEI was hand written (FAA Examiner), CFI and CFI-I were typed on an old school type writer, and CL-65 was typed (computer).

Bummer though FF. . .

My temp was hand-written in Nov 2001, not a computer in sight at any time during the process......

Sorry your ride got delayed, though!

Guess some DPEs just don't like working without IACRA.

Actually they are strongly discouraged from doing so these days. When I did my CFI and CFII my Commercial Certificate still had not been updated in IACRA and the DPE had to get special permission from the FSDO to process a paper 8710 for me as well as the first few students I signed off.

It was a pain in the ass.

Actually they are strongly discouraged from doing so these days. When I did my CFI and CFII my Commercial Certificate still had not been updated in IACRA and the DPE had to get special permission from the FSDO to process a paper 8710 for me as well as the first few students I signed off.

It was a pain in the ass.

It actually varies from FSDO to FSDO. In Phoenix a couple years ago they didn't use it and I was told that the FSDO just didn't like it and would rather process the paper 8710s.

Id love you to say, "Oh, gee. You might have to fill out some paper work by hand, like they did in the stone age. Buddy, we're scheduled and you're flying."

Just got a hand written CFI from an FAA examiner this past tuesday!
He had forgotten his IACRA password.

Find a new examiner. This is BS. It can and should be done by hand if IACRA is down.

Back