Want to Buy WTB - Airport car - PHX

azmedic

Figured I would throw it out here,but I’m looking for an airport car to keep at PHX as Uber/Lyft is quickly becoming unsustainable. I’m looking to spend $2500-3000 tops,just need 4 wheels,AC and good on gas. I’ve been doing the Facebook/Craigslist thing for a bit now and they either are scams or dealers it seems. If anyone knows of any leads or has something they are looking to sell let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What’s happening with Uber/Lyft there? The cost, or the availability, or both?

What’s happening with Uber/Lyft there? The cost, or the availability, or both?
Nationwide there is an issue of availability leading to increased prices… but wait there’s more! The drivers haven’t seen an increase in earnings! Uber/lyft (in my experience as a rider and driver) is basically letting anyone drive at this point… I’ve had some terrible experiences with filthy/unsafe vehicles to awful people driving. The riders are also getting worse… trashing my car, unleashing profanity laced tirades about wait times, and calling the police for things that do not actually occur. Dash cams with audio are a must if someone wants to drive these days…. It’s just become nuts!

Screw Lyft. I ordered a lyft for a ride that normally costs $14. They had surge pricing going so they charged me $27. Somehow the driver and I got to talking about how much he would make on my ride. He showed me his pay after we got to the destination. Even though I was charged nearly double the normal fare, he was paid less than $5. I was shocked and uber pissed that those greedy MFers made $22 and he got paid peanuts. Not sure about uber but screw lyft.

Screw Lyft. I ordered a lyft for a ride that normally costs $14. They had surge pricing going so they charged me $27. Somehow the driver and I got to talking about how much he would make on my ride. He showed me his pay after we got to the destination. Even though I was charged nearly double the normal fare, he was paid less than $5. I was shocked and uber pissed that those greedy MFers made $22 and he got paid peanuts. Not sure about uber but screw lyft.

I’ve got a buddy who drives Uber in MSP as a side gig and he’s made decent money,but he’s definitely had to hustle for it. The sad part is they never know how much the true fare is until after they complete the ride. Speaking of surge pricing,I got this once…thankfully a couple friends of mine from my last airline told me to not even think about paying those prices and offered to come pick me up.
1203ccc693480a9a6b19f6ba4c91c3b5.png

They wanted $119 for a 13 minute ride from the airport once when I was waiting for my sticker during covid. I went to the crew room and slept for an hour or two before it dropped to $12.

Uber is just as bad for driver pay… both companies haven’t paid legitimate rates for a while now but if you drive a lot you can qualify for a reduced priced AAA package for when you break down on the side of the road.

Figured I would throw it out here,but I’m looking for an airport car to keep at PHX as Uber/Lyft is quickly becoming unsustainable. I’m looking to spend $2500-3000 tops,just need 4 wheels,AC and good on gas. I’ve been doing the Facebook/Craigslist thing for a bit now and they either are scams or dealers it seems. If anyone knows of any leads or has something they are looking to sell let me know

I just got a 08 CRV from Crankyape.com
for 2,400- became 3,000 with fees.
Pick your location nationwide

Back