WSL surfing contest at Lemoore, CA in 2018

A large part of my family lives out in Lemoore...I didn't even know this was a thing out there.

Curious why someone chose Lemoore to build a facility like this. It's out in the middle of nowhere and not exactly touristy. Cheap land or maybe that was just where the investor was from. Maybe it's centrally located for surfer dudes to come from both northern and southern California. Anyhow, they are building one in my little town out in the middle of nowhere in central WA. It's a very touristy town but "the season" is in the summer and it's pretty dead the rest of the time. Hoping this catches on locally. Are there surfer dudes in Seattle?

http://lakechelannow.com/surfs-up-at-slidewaters-lake-chelan/

Curious why someone chose Lemoore to build a facility like this. It's out in the middle of nowhere and not exactly touristy. Cheap land or maybe that was just where the investor was from. Maybe it's centrally located for surfer dudes to come from both northern and southern California. Anyhow, they are building one in my little town out in the middle of nowhere in central WA. It's a very touristy town but "the season" is in the summer and it's pretty dead the rest of the time. Hoping this catches on locally. Are there surfer dudes in Seattle?

World's Largest Stationary Surf Wave Coming to Slidewaters - Lake Chelan News and Information
Not exactly the same thing here in Moses Lake but it is fun.

Here is my son getting pitted!

Back