Write the Aviation subcommittee re: fatigue and pay

Why work for these companies than?

Ask the applicants. It seems Johnny O. has cracked the code. Known as one who couldn't care less about his employees, he said the reason he doesn't increase pay or benefits is because he has more applicants for classes than he has slots. And I guess a lot of people think the rewards (monetary and non-monetary) are worth it. From what I read here on the board and from talking to friends still in the airlines, I am quite happy to be off the line. I miss the exchange and miss some of the flying but the constant chatter from the union, the toadies who are called Chief Pilots but are little more than company megaphones, the corp memos about 'more with less'... don't miss that in the least.

Known as one who couldn't care less about his employees, he said the reason he doesn't increase pay or benefits is because he has more applicants for classes than he has slots.

That is the problem. As long as people will take crap wages and piss poor working conditions, EMPLOYERS HAVE NO INCENTIVE TO MAKE THEM BETTER.

When they stop having more applicants than slots, then they will start raising wages and making working conditions better.

Until then, it's not going to happen.

I'm glad ALPA was represented. I have to wonder though, why weren't the other pilots unions represented?

I'm glad my 2% goes toward help y'all out too. Here, grab a hold of our coat tails.

I'm sure most of their constituents would love to pay $900 to go from Denver to Cheyenne. Too bad those morons haven't figured out the world does revolve around pilots. Didn't they see top gun?

:tease::crazy::rotfl::chair::sitaware::soapbox::wtf?::tmyk::banghead::pop::bandit::yup:
:tease::crazy::rotfl::chair::sitaware::soapbox::wtf?::tmyk::banghead::pop::bandit::yup:

Back