Working In The US

Not open for further replies.


New Member
Hi fellow wanabees
I am currently a student in my final year at university in Edinburgh, and am about to take a three week intensive JAA PPL course. Due to CAA/JAA medical requirements my glasses prescription is just over the the maximum limit for a CAA?JAA class 1 med an rules me out of flying for a UK airline, however i understand that under the FAA medical rules i can pass the class 1. My main question is what type of work permit/visa is required to work for a US airline, i have US relatives. Any feedback would be appreciated as i have started to look at Flightsafety and Pan Am training organisations.

Flaps 40


You have to get a sponsor (which unfortunatley airlines do not do) or go into the lottery system for a green card. The easiest way to get one is to marry a citizen or some one with a green card!

Best of Luck!!
Not open for further replies.