Working as an Aircraft dispatcher with mental health and medicines

Godsplan2024

To whom this concerns,

My name is Adam Butler and I am 45 years old, recently moved to Raleigh, North Carolina. A couple of months ago, I enrolled at Aircraft Dispatcher Training Center in Farmers Branch, Texas and was slated to start my training as an Aircraft Dispatcher on August 4th, 2025. Yesterday in a meeting with my psychiatrist, he urged me to find out about anything that may disqualify me from getting hired by anyone after I graduate.

I have been diagnosed for Bipolar Disorder, as well as ADHD and some anxiety and am on medication for both.

The medications are, Ritalin, Prozac, Lithium, Hydroxyzine and Lamictal. I do take sleeping meds that require Trazadone and Seroquel, however they are both taken after I work and not during. My medicine has been stable for years as well as my condition. I have contacted 3 schools including mine to get the information, but have told by each one that they are not aware of anything, but they could not verify that 100%

Before I continue to class next August, I wanted to make sure. Please send me a response when you can at (-deleted-) I can also be reached at (-deleted-), however I would appreciate a response via email!

Best Regards,
Adam

Last edited by a moderator:
To whom this concerns,

My name is Adam Butler and I am 45 years old, recently moved to Raleigh, North Carolina. A couple of months ago, I enrolled at Aircraft Dispatcher Training Center in Farmers Branch, Texas and was slated to start my training as an Aircraft Dispatcher on August 4th, 2025. Yesterday in a meeting with my psychiatrist, he urged me to find out about anything that may disqualify me from getting hired by anyone after I graduate.

I have been diagnosed for Bipolar Disorder, as well as ADHD and some anxiety and am on medication for both.

The medications are, Ritalin, Prozac, Lithium, Hydroxyzine and Lamictal. I do take sleeping meds that require Trazadone and Seroquel, however they are both taken after I work and not during. My medicine has been stable for years as well as my condition. I have contacted 3 schools including mine to get the information, but have told by each one that they are not aware of anything, but they could not verify that 100%

Before I continue to class next August, I wanted to make sure. Please send me a response when you can at (-deleted-) I can also be reached at (-deleted-), however I would appreciate a response via email!

Best Regards,
Adam

I deleted out your personal information. Users can respond here or via private message. Just don’t want your phone number or email to get spammed.

Back