Word of advice for fellow low-timers.

http://www.dropzone.com

The classifieds are nice, but like I've said before these jobs are usually word of mouth and unadvertised. So look up drop zones in your area and stop in with a resume.

Just don't do it around Vegas right now.....please... :)

Interesting reads Slushie:nana2:

I just hit every link listed for IN. Flying jumpers looks to be a very viable option. Looks like somthing I'd really like to do between now and getting a "real" flying job.

Instructing for me is a no-brainer. At this point it's what I sincerely aspire to do:eek:! Flying granite divers looks like it would be a good gig in addi
tion to instructing. It looked like a lot of the outfits around here fly twins too.

Slushie has FOUR times as many hours right now as some people did when they got hired flying 121. He's scrapping for anything he can find to fly an airplane for hire. All while trying to save(yeah right) enough money to get his CFI.

I say_ROCK ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF_ Slushie, and good luck!

I support the sports illustrated swimsuit edition!:bandit:

O- and instruct! DO IT! DO IT NOW!:yup:

Here we go!

You're not an idiot if you don't have a shiny CFI ticket in your pocket.

True

I got a job that required judgement and decision making and I got to fly, not teach someone else how to fly.

The bigger the aircraft, the less you actually fly and the more you manage the flight. The skills you gain from CFIing correlate nicely. Whether you are managing your student's lessons to managing five flight attendants, the skills you gain from CFIing helps you along the path of an aviation career.

This thread was a simple case of paying it forward, and everyone read too much into it.

...He's scrapping for anything he can find to fly an airplane for hire. All while trying to save(yeah right) enough money to get his CFI...
Yes, except I have a means to get my CFI...that is once I find the means to pay rent.

And everytime I get an interview for something with tips, like Bellman at the Excaliber...they like me, but see my resume and think of me -literally- as a "flight" risk. lol The guy said that.

You guys, this is something I've done before. And I loved it! Even when they treated me like crap it was the best job I've had yet.

They paid me $500 a week and I was usually home by noon!

Give me the name of a CFI pulling that off.

Get your CFI, get some tailwheel time, get rated in a glider, heck, learn to fly hot air balloons, whatever. But in the course of all that happening, if a job flying airplanes comes along...

Now, this thread needs more boobies.

You already know my name.

Though I am usually not done till around 2-3 PM

Agreed
nswboobie.jpg

One named Nick used to with a bunch of others, except it took 3-4 days to get $500 instead of a whole week. :p

Boobies.

Here we go!

True

The bigger the aircraft, the less you actually fly and the more you manage the flight. The skills you gain from CFIing correlate nicely. Whether you are managing your student's lessons to managing five flight attendants, the skills you gain from CFIing helps you along the path of an aviation career.

I definately won't argue with that, but what's more important at 250TT? Learning to manage or learning to fly? I vote for #2. The fact is the skills you gain from any flying job help you along the path of an aviation career, they just all help a little differently.

Get CFI if you think you would enjoy teaching people how to fly! Ever had that instructor after 15 or so hours down the road you could tell he was in the plane for you to pay for his flight time? Do not become this instructor!

Besides think about it...FAA allows you to teach people how to fly at 200 or 250 hours TT depending on what part you under 141 or 91 but will not let you fly a box of Popeye's fried chicken for hire until you have 500 and only in VFR. Then at 1200 you now can fly that box of Popeye's fried chicken in IFR. Show someone a spin but not straight and level for 2 hours by yourself. Insurance to blame? I think not. How do flight schools get insured only for a 200 hour pilot? I'll never understand. There are too many of us. We fight for aircraft to fly and not only in the Vegas area. I wonder what the commercial pilot to money making aircraft ratio is. I'd get CFI only to teach my buddies how to fly.

Back