Woo Hoo!

Cruise

Well, after what seems like a very long, arduous process, having been in training for the past month.......

I am pleased to say:
Woo HOO! I added a new type-rating to my certificate today! DHC-8....now, time for a nap and many adult beverages later this evening.

The oral: 4 hours :panic:
The ride: 6 hours :drool::drool::drool:

The drinking time tonight obviously needs to equal the time of examination....guess I had best do some power snoozing for a bit. We're gonna hit up downtown STL later. :buck::buck: :D

Congrats man, Hopefully on October 25th or so I'll be saying the same thing from Seattle. See ya in EWR.

GREAT NEWS, Matt!! I am sooo happy for you! :nana2: Can't wait to see you in EWR and get to work with you. Although, believe it or not, Mark and I STILL haven't worked together. (That might be a good thing, though!) :D ;)

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll still be able to come to LAS. :bandit:

Well, after what seems like a very long, arduous process, having been in training for the past month.......

I am pleased to say:
Woo HOO! I added a new type-rating to my certificate today! DHC-8....now, time for a nap and many adult beverages later this evening.

The oral: 4 hours :panic:
The ride: 6 hours :drool::drool::drool:

The drinking time tonight obviously needs to equal the time of examination....guess I had best do some power snoozing for a bit. We're gonna hit up downtown STL later. :buck::buck: :D
Congratulations

Excellant! Now you can keep Mark company in EWR!:D Any word on NJC yet?

Thanks Howard! Nah, no word on NJC yet. As it stands for now, my vacation is actually still on my schedule. Not sure why though....because I'm supposed to get 100 hours in the plane before any vacation should be awarded. We'll see what happens after I finish IOE. And yeah, now Seggy has someone to keep him in line in EWR. :crazy:

Congrats Matt. Was that 6 hours in the sim just you, or you and a partner?

Thanks Ethan! Yeah, the 6 hours was for both of us. I think it's way to long (should be more like 4).....how long are your rides/PC's?
We also had the special privilege of having two check airmen and the FAA in the box doing our ride. It's bad enough when you have 2 eyes watching....this was 6....and two of 'em belonged to the Feds. :laff: :panic:

Good luck on your sims/checkride Wick! See you in EWR!

Hopefully you guys will be able to hit up Seattle while you're there. I've never been and would like to check it out someday. :)

Well, my sim partner never ended up going, but my portion of the checkride was 3:30. Granted it was an initial ATP so that took up a little bit of extra time. However, IF my partner had gone we would have been pushing 7 hours I think. I can see 2 hours (per applicant) working for just a normal type ride though.

Fortunately for us, it was just a check airman in the back.

Thanks all, for the congratulations!

BTW, Patricia, I warned D.H. to be on the lookout during his IOE. He said he'd be certain to keep you, and your trainee, in line. ;) :sarcasm:

Thanks all, for the congratulations!

BTW, Patricia, I warned D.H. to be on the lookout during his IOE. He said he'd be certain to keep you, and your trainee, in line. ;) :sarcasm:

REALLY, Mr. Big-shot Q CAPTAIN? :buck: You are REAAALLLLLLY digging yourself a verrrrry deep hole. :D Hope you can climb out of it!;)

Woah there Q......I never said anything about being a big shot. Thanks though. :laff: Besides, I realize EWR is very impatiently waiting my arrival. No worries....I'll be there early in the week and you will all be blessed at that time. The crew room will never be the same again. :crazy::crazy:

yes people, this is extreme :sarcasm:

Woah there Q......I never said anything about being a big shot. Thanks though. :laff: Besides, I realize EWR is very impatiently waiting my arrival. No worries....I'll be there early in the week and you will all be blessed at that time. The crew room will never be the same again. :crazy::crazy:

yes people, this is extreme :sarcasm:

The women are! :bandit:

Awesome! What could possibly make a ride take that long? Two of my buddies just got typed in the hondo, and I don't think the combined time was that long.

Welcome to the fun.

It will be interesting to see if you become a 15 guy, a 35 guy or a real man like me type of guy.

Back