Wilson Air Center KCLT

DeltaAlphaNovember

I'm a former ramper that worked in KCLT for WAC and SFS back in the late 90's early 2000's. Anyone ever go through there that posts on here? Just curious how the FBO is doing these days. Most of my friends have all left there and moved on. I also worked for SFS at KDCA when GA was allowed in there unrestricted. That place was hopping back then. Best times working for an FBO was at that airport.

My last job (2009-2011) had me there two or three times a week doing quick turns in a Metro to unload radioactive cargo and I told them every chance I got how awesome they are at quick turns.

I would pull in with about a dozen line guys, a fuel truck, the cargo vans, and a GPU standing by. I would routinely be on the ramp for 8 minutes or so as a single pilot operation unloading a few hundred pounds of cargo and taking 150 gallons or so of over wing Jet A. I don't think I ever went inside but the ramp operation was absolutely top notch.

I may have fueled you and brought a GPU to you. I was at WAC from Sept 2008-May 2010 while I was furloughed. Seems like there was at least one metroliner that would come in on Sunday afternoons. Was that you?

I may have fueled you and brought a GPU to you. I was at WAC from Sept 2008-May 2010 while I was furloughed. Seems like there was at least one metroliner that would come in on Sunday afternoons. Was that you?

I never did the run that came in on Sunday while I was there. After you left we picked up the Airnet Lear run and now come in 5 nights a week from PDK then off to ORL.

Back