Which Regionals are hiring...

MuscleShirt

Hello all, I have been asked recently by some fellow aviators "which regionals are currently hiring?". While I am pretty positive on some I have questions about others, so along with posting what I know, I will also ask about certain rumors I have heard.

What I know for sure:

ExpressJet--Hiring (600-100)
ASA--Hiring (600-100)
American Eagle--Hiring(minimums--?)
Mesa--Hiring(minimums--?)
Comair--will be furloughing approx. 200 pilots

What I have questions about:

Rumor that Delta may liquidate Comair entirely...
Rumor that CHQ will be furloughing approx. 200 pilots...
Heard SkyWest is putting a hold on hiring due to ASA expansion...
Heard JetBlue is lowering certain minimums for new ERJ 170/190...

If anyone can provide some input about the above rumors I would greatly appreciate it. I'm sure others on this forum would like to hear the facts as well.

MuscleShirt said:

Au contraire!

I hear with attrition, it should work out alright with no furloughs

I haven't heard that one. There's a vast amount of SKYW guys on the forum, have an ask!

That's not an entry-level job.

Just a question,
Why does everybody rip on Mesa?
They are a member of ALPA and received the award for 2005 best regional airline. I don't see why everyone on this forum targets Mesa as a bad company to work for. Of course the pay is low but Mesa is like any other regional in that respect. I think all the regionals are changing for the better due to the increased expansion since the majors have been filing for ch. 11
I think the 4 airlines that will lead in the next 10 years will be
Jetblue
Southwest
America West/Us Air
Continental

Please read the thread before replying.

No one "ripped" on Mesa.

MuscleShirt said:
Hello all, I have been asked recently by some fellow aviators "which regionals are currently hiring?". While I am pretty positive on some I have questions about others, so along with posting what I know, I will also ask about certain rumors I have heard.

What I know for sure:

ExpressJet--Hiring (600-100)
ASA--Hiring (600-100)
American Eagle--Hiring(minimums--?)
Mesa--Hiring(minimums--?)
Comair--will be furloughing approx. 200 pilots

What I have questions about:

If anyone can provide some input about the above rumors I would greatly appreciate it. I'm sure others on this forum would like to hear the facts as well.
Yes someone please help. I also heard Comair is about to be given an Atomic Wedgie. Welcome to the world of aviation ehhhh?
Hey you don't think Delta is holding that strike on them do you? And I never thought management would EVER hold grudges. (sarcasm) I think PSA is hiring. Anyone know?

God, those poor Comair guys.....That's all I can say. Regardless of what you guys think of the "culture" of the industry, as in this stuff just happens.......These people at Comair are REAL people with REAL families making a REAL career at Comair. 6 months ago Comair was hiring almost as many pilots a month as any other regional and expanding dominiciles. Regardless of what you think, you cannot deny that Comair is one of the best/most efficient regionals in all aspects and if they go, it begs the question what's the point?

alphaone said:
God, those poor Comair guys.....That's all I can say. Regardless of what you guys think of the "culture" of the industry, as in this stuff just happens.......These people at Comair are REAL people with REAL families making a REAL career at Comair. 6 months ago Comair was hiring almost as many pilots a month as any other regional and expanding dominiciles. Regardless of what you think, you cannot deny that Comair is one of the best/most efficient regionals in all aspects and if they go, it begs the question what's the point?

Your are correct, Sir! I have many friends at Comair who are about to get the shaft, I just hope that everything works out for them in the long run.

It is truly a shame that such a competant regional airline is being forced to make cutbacks due to their affiliation with Delta. Good luck to all those pilots!

"It is truly a shame that such a competant regional airline is being forced to make cutbacks due to their affiliation with Delta"

Is DCA still saying "Being owned by Delta means everything?" Kinda puts a different twist on THAT saying, now, doesn't it?

Is DCA still saying "Being owned by Delta means everything?" Kinda puts a different twist on THAT saying, now, doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

What I said had nothing to do with DCA, the school is still operating normally. People just need to apply somewhere other than Comair for now, this doesn't affect DCA instructors anymore than any other instructor out there looking for a job. In my opinion...

air wisconsin. i don't know anyone who will bash you for going there. and i have heard pax on both united and usair express flights say that awac is much better than mesa.

osupilot said:
air wisconsin. i don't know anyone who will bash you for going there. and i have heard pax on both united and usair express flights say that awac is much better than mesa.
I've heard that same thing.. but again, this is the DCA forum.. the Mesa forum is a few forums below this one. <hint taken?>:)

Back