Wheres the Gleim for the CFII?

mrivc211

I was trying to find where Gleim has its CFII written test review book? Don't tell me its the same as the IFR book? If it is I think thats stupid because why would they make you take the same test twice?
Does anyone know?

[ QUOTE ]
Don't tell me its the same as the IFR book? If it is I think thats stupid because why would they make you take the same test twice?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is the same as the IFR book. I know folks who have taken the instrument, CFII and IGI all in the same sitting. Questions for all three come from the same question bank.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't tell me its the same as the IFR book? If it is I think thats stupid because why would they make you take the same test twice?

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, we're talking about the federal government here--the same folks who brought you the IRS, free cheese and TSA screeners, and whose motto is "well it sounded good at the time...." Never underestimate the lengths of stupidity politicians and the bureaucrats who work for them will go, simply to curry favor with one group of people or another.

Having your CFI endorse you for all three tests and then taking them all in short succession is a good time investment, even though you're dropping three times the coin.

Not only is it a good time investment, but have you seen this book? Its like a friggin phone book. The last thing you want to do is go through that thing ever again, trust me I know.

[ QUOTE ]
Not only is it a good time investment, but have you seen this book? Its like a friggin phone book

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen the Gleim ATP book? YIKES!

Not that I'm complaining, but, why the hell are we allowed to know every question on the written test? I mean, who on earth gives out all the possible questions to a test except for the Federal (as well as state) government(s)?? I think thats more stupid then making the CFII test identical to the IR test.

its so half brained pilots like us can easily pass. yeah I tookmy instrument and cfii on the same day. a couple guys said to get endorsed for both but you only need the instrument endorsment, because nobody can stop you from taking the cfi and cfii. taking both at the same time was the greatest thing ever, never had to study twice. what is the IGI? do you just take a test and you get it?

Chris, I remember hearing why they did. I could be a little off, if I am, someone please correct me. I think it was Gleim that started publishing the questions in their red book. They were taken to court by the government saying it was cheating. The court sided with Gleim (said it wasn't cheating) and told the government they had to publish the questions and answers. So after that, the government added hundreds of questions to the test bank and said the test could be any of these questions.

The IGI is the instrument ground instructor test. Also taken from the same bank of questions with the exception of a few heilcopter questions that are not in the book. All you do is take the test and bring the results to the local FSDO. Then you get a certificate.

I'm taking the Instrument written this weekend and while looking at the front of the Gleim, it clearly reads:

<font color="red">For the FAA Computer-Based Pilot Knowledge Tests:
Instrument Rating - Airplane
Flight Instructor - Instrument - Airplane
Instrument Ground Isntructor</font>

So...... yup, it's the same book.

Also - you can take ALL THREE in one sitting if you so desire. That's what I'm doing. Going to make for a LONG day (160 total questions - 60 for the IR, 50 for the CFI-I and 50 for the IGI)! But, they'll be done and over with and the scores are good for two years.

Yah know, I just of something really funny, I don't have to buy a new book because I still have the IFR one that I used back in July of Last year. hahahahahha

well actually there is probably a new version out, but its not worth buying. There are some new questions that may appear on your test, but you should be able to reason them out. God forbid we don't have ALL the answers!

[ QUOTE ]
well actually there is probably a new version out, but its not worth buying. There are some new questions that may appear on your test, but you should be able to reason them out. God forbid we don't have ALL the answers!

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't even need to worry about not having the most updated version. There is an email address on one of the first couple of pages of every Gleim that you can send an email and they will send you back a list of changes that have been made since your version. You will get a list of new questions plus the ones that have been deleted. Gotta love Gleim!

If you prefer to use computer prep software (I know I do...), there are some pretty affordable alternatives to the Gleim software. www.faatest.com has a "ground School" program that'[s alot cheaper than the Gleim, and you can add other tests for about $20.00. I've used it, and it's pretty good....helps you study the material and tracks performance. If you have high-speed internet, you can download it pretty quickly and give it a try!! Hope it helps!

Back