Whereabouts do you land?

PICPaul

I thought it would be kinda fun to see pictures of the airstrips folks frequent.

Here are the three strips that I use the most, starting with number one for me, Valdez. This is where I go to buy our groceries each week or so. High
final for RWY 6 at PAVD:

2922352787_d24c27154c_b.jpg

Second would be Cordova Muni. I have a sorta love hate relationship with this strip. Always a thrill in a C150 at gross. Final for RWY 6 CKU:

2335987108_0a3c829457_o.jpg

And lastly, Merrill. Apologies if it was one of you guys waiting for me in that Navajo. Final for 25 PAMR:

2919431206_633fcd455c_b.jpg

Here is mine 1. Red's Horse Ranch, Cove, OR.

Attachments

• Red's and Minam landing strips.jpg
    Red's and Minam landing strips.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 248
  • 58 C touchdown Reds.jpg
    58 C touchdown Reds.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 204
Cordova Muni doesn't even look like an airport. Merrill look nice green, of course it's going to be a while before it looks like that again... I'm going to have to swing down to valdez one of these days.

Final at Beloit, WI (44C) where I fly gliders

IMG_4617_e1.jpg

On the other end in the grass (7R)
IMG_0092.jpg

And final at Poplar Grove, IL (C77) for most of my airplane flying.

IMG_1686.jpg

Base for the same runway
2008_08_20_25thAnni_LakeLawn_041_E0.jpg

Wow! Those Alaska pics are incredible! Here are mine....somehow, Southwest Ohio just doesn't compare....

Clermont County Airport (I69) where I work and train
3007127046_dfee915f89.jpg

View of Clermont County Airport from the roof
3007127038_7a74bd7775.jpg

Lunken Airport (KLUK) near downtown Cincinnati

3007127048_f13a95eff0.jpg

Wow...I always new Oregon was cool...that was esp reinforced as I watched the election returns come in last night. But those shots of Red Horse are very Alaskan...

Gliders in Beloit?!? I grew up in Wisco and sure missed out on some fun...

On final approach to 09 at KOSH, Oskosh, WI. and runway and lodge at Chilko Lake B.C. canada. and left down wind to Orcas Island, San Juan Island, WA. Eastsound airport.

Attachments

• Final App Rwy 09 OSH.jpg
    Final App Rwy 09 OSH.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 156
  • Chilko Lake and Landing strip.jpg
    Chilko Lake and Landing strip.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Eastsound WA..jpg
    Eastsound WA..jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 130
Then this is a sight I see very often now a days, Nashua NH.
<-------------

Alas, this strip is no more, but I kept my plane here for a couple years. Jedburg Airpark in Summerville SC.

Attachments

• b987.jpg
    b987.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 134
Awesome stuff. I will have to go down to Valdez one of these days too. Looks awesome. Oh, and I cant wait for Merrill to look like that again:)

RE: Cordova Muni....that's an airport?!?! :)

Pavement surrounded by ugly brown dirt.
1)North Las Vegas
2)Six One Beaver
3)Jean (exciting!)

Attachments

• finalsmall.jpg
    finalsmall.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 166
  • landingrwy33.jpg
    landingrwy33.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC04469.jpg
    DSC04469.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 182
View of Clermont County Airport from the roof
3007127038_7a74bd7775.jpg
Wow, great photo, it really captured alot of information about the taxiway/ramp condition there. It looks like it has had LOTS of cracks over many years and should be replaced. I am surprised and disappointed in the condition of the hazardous/neglected-looking "parking lot" at Sporty's.

Is it a rough, uneven taxi ride over the blacktop? Is there an issue with FOD due to the blacktop degradation? Do the weeds grow through it in the summer? Does it get muddy when it rains/snows? How good are the tie-downs? To me, the condition here gives the impression that Sporty's doesn't care and it looks very unprofessional. Definitely needs some, "curb Appeal." I haven't had to deal with them yet, but I hope it isn't a tell-tale sign about how they run their business.

Wow, great photo, it really captured alot of information about the taxiway/ramp condition there. It looks like it has had LOTS of cracks over many years and should be replaced. I am surprised and disappointed in the condition of the hazardous/neglected-looking "parking lot" at Sporty's.

Is it a rough, uneven taxi ride over the blacktop? Is there an issue with FOD due to the blacktop degradation? Do the weeds grow through it in the summer? Does it get muddy when it rains/snows? How good are the tie-downs? To me, the condition here gives the impression that Sporty's doesn't care and it looks very unprofessional. Definitely needs some, "curb Appeal." I haven't had to deal with them yet, but I hope it isn't a tell-tale sign about how they run their business.

Actually I have flown into sporty's frequently and to tell you the truth it's one of the nicest airports I have been to. That picture doesn't do it justice. It is a little rough but then again it's been around forever. The staff there are great. I can't say anything negative about the airport at all.

Back