Where is everyone?

Still here! Summer classes finished last week, I've moved into my new building and start RA training tomorrow. Looking forward to multi engine training this fall too :). You still on for spring time arrival here?

Still here! Summer classes finished last week, I've moved into my new building and start RA training tomorrow. Looking forward to multi engine training this fall too :). You still on for spring time arrival here?
RA training! Haha, I was an RA for 3 years at my last school. Looking forward to it? I'm not sure what your training will be like, but ours was occasionally pretty fun... (a lot of "team building" exercises). The job definitely has its ups and downs, but I was able to make some lifelong friends.

I'm considering eventually applying to one of those RM (Resident Manager) positions, since I'll be in the student apartments. I'll have to talk to an RM to see what the job is like, though.

You still on for spring time arrival here?
Yep, Spring it is!

RA training! Haha, I was an RA for 3 years at my last school. Looking forward to it? I'm not sure what your training will be like, but ours was occasionally pretty fun... (a lot of "team building" exercises). The job definitely has its ups and downs, but I was able to make some lifelong friends.

I'm considering eventually applying to one of those RM (Resident Manager) positions, since I'll be in the student apartments. I'll have to talk to an RM to see what the job is like, though.

Yep, Spring it is!
I've got a friend who just started as a RM this year. Seems to enjoy it, and from the sounds of it he has some flexibility too. As far as being an RA, yes and no. I would have loved to have moved off campus with friends, but the savings on housing and food...I couldn't pass that up. Hope to make some friends, and good references here. Training, maybe not so fun, apparently it's from 7-10 6 days a week.

You'll get here just in time for the worst of the winter part maybe! Or hopefully it is like last year and not so bad.

and undflyboy I wasn't in Bek last year, and I'll be in Mcvey this year

I've got a friend who just started as a RM this year. Seems to enjoy it, and from the sounds of it he has some flexibility too. As far as being an RA, yes and no. I would have loved to have moved off campus with friends, but the savings on housing and food...I couldn't pass that up. Hope to make some friends, and good references here. Training, maybe not so fun, apparently it's from 7-10 6 days a week.

You'll get here just in time for the worst of the winter part maybe! Or hopefully it is like last year and not so bad.

and undflyboy I wasn't in Bek last year, and I'll be in Mcvey this year

So, I just logged into Campus Connection today and noticed that the classes for Spring 2013 are in there already. My choices for Avit 102 are Martin, Vacek, or Venhuizen. Do you have any recommendations? From what I have read about them, Vacek seems to be my clear first choice. Based on your experiences with them, what do you think?

Sitting at work wishing I was flying full time instead of turning wrenches on blackhawks!!! Atleast I start banner tow training today after work! lol

So, I just logged into Campus Connection today and noticed that the classes for Spring 2013 are in there already. My choices for Avit 102 are Martin, Vacek, or Venhuizen. Do you have any recommendations? From what I have read about them, Vacek seems to be my clear first choice. Based on your experiences with them, what do you think?

I had Martin and really liked her, but a lot of people recently had Vacek and enjoyed him. Martin was pretty fair on all our exams, let us keep all the powerpoints made class somewhat enjoyable.

I'm still here! I finished 222 with Martin in June (I would recommend Vacek). Starting 323 when I get back to ND in a few weeks.

Back