Where do you work now?

pil0t1ooo

Hey,
A lot of people have been saying that accepting this atc job means cutting their current salary in half. I just wanted to know what kind of jobs you all have. They sound pretty decent. Right now I am only working part time catering, so this will be like a 7x increase in income. Even the amount that I will make in OKC will be like a lot more than I am used to. But if I dont get hired and you do, Imma steal the job you left lol.

I have been doing temp work for a year while I have waited for this application process to reach fruition. Before that I was working as an A&P doing modifications on small twin engine planes. I moved, and could not imagine the application process taking an entire year, so instead of getting a permanent position where I could not commit to the employer at least a year of work...I went the temp direction.

I'm an instructor at Sylvan Learning Center (hate) and a professional paintball referee for Paintball Sports Promotions...

Taking a pay cut (until I make CPC). Currently work for the State of SC as a Database Administrator. I really should be making a lot more as a DBA but it is a govt job.

I forecast staffing needs and develop hiring plans for technical support for Fortune 100 companies (mostly computer, electronic & gaming) **although I am not very electronic/gaming savvy at all!**

However, once I hit the 75% OJT mark, I'll be making more than I do now. :D

I forecast staffing needs and develop hiring plans for technical support for Fortune 100 companies (mostly computer, electronic & gaming) **although I am not very electronic/gaming savvy at all!**

However, once I hit the 75% OJT mark, I'll be making more than I do now. :D

once I hit CPC I'm still at a negative :panic:

I'm a Flight Supervisor for a flight academy in FL. It really stinks:banghead:

Hey, not everything at that certain Flight academy stinks..... you should come down and hang out at maintenance, we always have fun.....:sarcasm:

I am a senior A&P at a Flight academy in FL.

. . .Third year pilot for a 121 operation flying erj's. . . After Oak City I will be getting a pay increase from my current salary, and I work for one of the better paying regionals too. . .:banghead:

Run the family restaurant. Working for family, is definitely going to be missed. I had the ability to call the shots, schedule my own days off, basically do what i wanted (not in a cocky way).

I'll be taking a pay cut too...but i'm young and dont have much overhead so it wont be that big of a problem. That splurging on shopping and expensive dinners will be gone, but it's cool. I could really see how this would be a difficult choice for those that are more established and have a family how the pay cut would hurt.

I really give you all a lot of credit! I'm sure it's not easy! I (my family) have been through similar stuff. Opening a restaurant requires a lot of startup cash. so we had a huge amount riding on it too. Thankfully it paid off!

12 years at the same major airline. Dispatcher for 3.5 years. Will take a major paycut until CPC then slight paycut for the first few years. Turn 31 next July.

I have had my own businesses (transportation and retail) for the last 3 years. Was making more so I would have taken a paycut...but now in this economy it will be a welcome relief to make anything.

Back