When did the Navy go back to dress khakis?

I just saw an interview with the CNO in dress Khaki's.... did I miss something?
Umm I think it was in May. As of this month the enlisted working whites and blues are going away, to be replaced by the new all year wear service working uniform (Khaki Dress shirt, black trousers and black fore and aft cover) Looks like the Marine charlie uniform except instead of OD green trousers and cover they're black. Next is the gay digital camo BDU's they came up with.:banghead:

I just saw an interview with the CNO in dress Khaki's.... did I miss something?

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that. My dad retired as a Chief and I went to college in a Navy town (Norfolk), and I didn't remember the dress Khaki's. I was wondering if I was just being forgetful or if it was something new.

It could be worse. Did you see the AF's "first draft" of a new uniform? The tiger stripes with blue tints and grays?

You deserve a good laugh!
I thought this was the new AF PT uniform?
richard_simmons_1.jpg

j/k:D

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that. My dad retired as a Chief and I went to college in a Navy town (Norfolk), and I didn't remember the dress Khaki's. I was wondering if I was just being forgetful or if it was something new.

You see it in old pictures in Navy history books, like Fletcher, Nimitz Spruance yada yada yada.

Kinda cool. If you ever have seen Flight of the Intruder where our heros wear the khaki service dress to go to the come to Jesus hearing with Fred Thompson.

Back