What's the Deal With the Short Delay?

EDUC8-or

What\'s the Deal With the Short Delay?

I was down in SFB the other day and while on tower I noticed connection airplanes call tower ready for takeoff requesting a short delay. We had to wait for several airplanes to land because the Seminole in front of us requested a short delay, tower told them they were cleared but only for immediate takeoff which they declined. Why the request for the short delay?

Re: What\'s the Deal With the Short Delay?

They wanted to do a short field takeoff and wanted a few extra seconds on the runway to hold the brakes.

[ QUOTE ]
I was down in SFB the other day and while on tower I noticed connection airplanes call tower ready for takeoff requesting a short delay. We had to wait for several airplanes to land because the Seminole in front of us requested a short delay, tower told them they were cleared but only for immediate takeoff which they declined. Why the request for the short delay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats nothing wait till your in that 172 for 30 mins waiting to take off because theres 10 people ahead of you all requesting short delays ;-)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats nothing wait till your in that 172 for 30 mins waiting to take off because theres 10 people ahead of you all requesting short delays ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol 3 min a piece....thats one helluva "short" delay!

no, a "short delay" is never more than a few seconds, the 3 mins is for ifr spacing...

tower here usually won't give a short delay when there are more than a couple aircraft waiting, and, like they did with the seminole, sometimes not at all.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was for an engine failure on takeoff demo which is done a 1 a couple seconds after brake release on the seminole.

They will also do it for short field takeoff demos as well...give a few seconds to hold the brakes and run up the power.

Back