What time do we show up on day 1?

ATC2B

Hi guys I am heading down to OKC in a few days for the Oct. 9th basics class. I have my FOL but cannot seem to see what time we are suppsed to report on day 1. Can anybody shed some ligt on this for me? Thanks for the help and I will see some of you in a few days!!!

Hi guys I am heading down to OKC in a few days for the Oct. 9th basics class. I have my FOL but cannot seem to see what time we are suppsed to report on day 1. Can anybody shed some ligt on this for me? Thanks for the help and I will see some of you in a few days!!!

Most likely 730am or so...if you have a morning schedule. Need time to get a parking pass and all, (if you are driving) etc.

My understanding from talking with the good folks over at student services is that the day starts at 7am. Thus, show up early to get through security. They recommended being at the gate at about 6:30.

My understanding from talking with the good folks over at student services is that the day starts at 7am. Thus, show up early to get through security. They recommended being at the gate at about 6:30.
:yeahthat:

12. When will I know my assigned shift for Academy training? All Air Traffic Courses begin at 0700 on the first day. Shifts are then assigned by the instructors. At some time during your training at the Academy, you may be required to work night shift.

time you should be there is on the TOL, if not contact somebody at okc to verify it. i would plan on getting there about an hour to 30 minutes earlier than what they say....

I got there at 615 my first day. Beat the rush. As far as your schedule, you will find out on your first day...and it will likely change 10 times. I've had my schedule change 3 times, and i've only been here a month. You will likely bounce around shifts. I'm currently working nights (3:30-midnight) and will be for the entire month minus 3 days. I had 2 weeks of day shift, then a week of night shift, back to day shift and now i'm back on nights. After this month i'm on days til i graduate Dec 8.

Seriously. I don't really mind it though. That's how the rest of my career is gonna go, might as well get used to it

Where you headed when its all over?

How much time do you spend each day in the books, outside of class?

Where you headed when its all over?

How much time do you spend each day in the books, outside of class?

I'm heading to ZID (Indy Center).

I'm approach rated in the Air National Guard, so I had a bit of a head start, but up until this week I still studied about an hour or 2 every night except Sundays. I got together with study groups (best way to learn ATC) and helped out the people that showed up, sometimes up to 5 hours long. It helped me learn non-radar as well. I had never really dealt with nonradar, but now i'm pretty decent at it. However, we are about to start radar training, the majority of what they are going to teach us I already know, so most of my studying will be done helping out the others in my class.

I'm also the type of person that I want to be the best at everything I do. I absolutely love this job and I strive to learn everything I can. Occasionally I get a little too comfortable thinking I'm kicking butt in the scenarios, then I get my butt handed to me in a difficult scenario. Always nice to get brought back down to Earth.

Back