what happened to the 152 at TIX

hobo

I heard someone from DCA planted a 152 in the runway over in titusville? is this true or just rumor? if true what happened?

It's true...A buddy of mine told me that he planted a 152 at the end of RWY 36. Unfortunately the soil isn't the best in Florida, too much sand and it hasn't been growing too much.

Sorry....had to do it.

damn that sucks. was he working on his private or commercial? whats the FAA/ntsb doing to him?

i am pretty sure it was a private student on his first solo. he pourpised (spelling?) a couple times and ran off the runway. no action taken against student or instructor by the FAA due to the ASAP program here at DCA. That ASAP program has saved quite a few of us headaches eh FOSHIZZLE? LOL

Baronman said:
It's true...A buddy of mine told me that he planted a 152 at the end of RWY 36. Unfortunately the soil isn't the best in Florida, too much sand and it hasn't been growing too much.

Sorry....had to do it.

Hysterical

husky16 said:
was this recent?

Yes, the accident occured a couple weeks ago...can't remember exact date. Like Wannabe said, student pourpoised and broke off nose gear which of course led to a prop strike, engine damage, and a busted firewall. Plane is totalled. Student is OK, instructing was standing on the side of the runway right in front of where the strike occured, that had to suck! No action being taken by FAA due to ASAP.

Hobo-Even if the FAA were to take action, none would be taken against the student pilot. The instructor would have taken the full responsibility of the situation and would have likely had to take a "709" ride with the FAA. Have to give it to the ASAP program, this happens more often than we think and there are MANY unfortunate instructors out there who have lost their CFI tickets due to similar accidents.

thats cool that no ones getting into trouble. i never really knew how the asap program worked when i was at dca

Back